Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance carriers not recognizing MileagePlus Numbers for *Gold status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Star Alliance carriers not recognizing MileagePlus Numbers for *Gold status

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2012, 7:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: MileagePlus GS
My flights were all in Q class which qualify for 100% according to the latest chart. I'm surprised to hear that some of you are seeing your miles post within days. I am still waiting on two flights from more than two weeks ago, which is exactly the same thing that happened two weeks before that.

I'm hoping that this clears up as I do not want to have to call every two weeks to get my miles credited.
Old May 3, 2012, 7:14 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Clearly what we're seeing here are isolated problems being turned into generalizations. FT can be a great source of information and also a terrible rumor-mongering location. There will always be the threads, like this one, where someone slips on a banana peel at a gate and there is an entire thread asking, "why does LH put banana peels on the floor at all its gates worldwide?"
Old May 3, 2012, 8:47 am

I don't know if they are isolated problems but about 10 days ago I flew NRT-MUC with LH. On my LH reservation (that I could see on their website) I had my UA number. OLCI didn't want to add my UA number saying it was invalid. So I checked in at NRT airport and the ANA agent handling LH said she never saw the new UA MP format... She went and ask another agent who promptly confirmed it was ok.

I can't be very convincing since I do not have a proper UA card with me

Anyway, on my way back, OLCI still did not work and so I asked for it to be added at the airport only to be told it was already in my booking.

That UA added only half the miles on my NRT-MUC segment is another story entirely...
Old Jan 28, 2014, 9:05 pm

Partner Airlines Not Seeing Correct Status

Hi,

I received United Mileage Plus Premier Gold status on January 22nd. When I have Air Canada add my United number to my reservation they are seeing me only as a Star Alliance base member instead of Star Alliance Gold.

I have talked to Air Canada and the Mileage Plus line several times. Air Canada doesn't know what the issue is and Mileage Plus says I'm Gold and should talk to Air Canada. Each is pointing fingers. Has anyone else experienced this issue and know what may need to be done to resolve?

Thanks!
Old Jan 28, 2014, 10:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP 75K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by robdls
Hi,

I received United Mileage Plus Premier Gold status on January 22nd. When I have Air Canada add my United number to my reservation they are seeing me only as a Star Alliance base member instead of Star Alliance Gold.

I have talked to Air Canada and the Mileage Plus line several times. Air Canada doesn't know what the issue is and Mileage Plus says I'm Gold and should talk to Air Canada. Each is pointing fingers. Has anyone else experienced this issue and know what may need to be done to resolve?

Thanks!
Was the number already in the reservation at booking? Were you *G at the time of booking? If the answer is Yes/No or No/No then try having AC totally remove your number and then re-enter it. It should force the status to appear.

I had the same issue recently with EVA. When I booked I was *S and at time of travel I was *G. My boarding pass printed with *S, so I asked them to remove/renter and out pops a new boarding pass showing me as *G. Give it a shot!!
Old Jan 28, 2014, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by robdls
Hi,

Thanks!
If you only got recognized as gold state as of Jan. 22, not surprised that AC (or other partners) hasn't picked this up yet automatically.

First thing to try is USFFlyer's suggestion - have AC remove and then re-add your MP number (you may be able to do this online yourself on the AC site with the AC PNR). This often solves it.

If it still doesn't recognize you as gold, note that there are various systems that need to receive updates on your status. Internally with UA, its usually recognized fairly quickly, within a few days max, but recognition with partner carriers can sometimes take longer. In this case, there's not much you can do but wait for it to sort itself out, I would suspect it shouldn't be more than a couple of weeks. To take advantage of *G benefits, like priority services and lounge access, if you are traveling in the meantime, I'd print a copy of the new MP card online (if you don't have the physical one already) to show as proof of your updated status, or use the one available in the UA phone app.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.