Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Claim miles for United from previously flown Star Alliance flights

Old Apr 23, 2012, 6:34 pm
Original Poster

Hi guys,

I really hate asking questions that have already probably been answered dozens of times but for some reason I can't find this information anywhere.

Where do I go to request MilesPlus miles on United from a recently flown Turkish Airlines flight?

Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 23, 2012, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/mar...spx?ItemId=306

Good luck - they make it an effing pain now
Old Apr 23, 2012, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by mkt80
Hi guys,

I really hate asking questions that have already probably been answered dozens of times but for some reason I can't find this information anywhere.

Where do I go to request MilesPlus miles on United from a recently flown Turkish Airlines flight?

Thanks in advance!
How recently? I flew some domestic Turkish Airlines flights two weeks ago and the miles posted from one a day later and the others about a week later. I think they bulk-transfer the data weekly.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 8:45 am

Programs: UA Gold
I'm still waiting for Turkish Air flights from Dec to post- submitted online, got a letter from United saying Turkish Air reported no such passengers on the flights, sent back a copy of e-ticket receipt and boarding passes. Finally got an email from United saying miles would post in 7 days- too bad that was 14 days ago!

email: [email protected]
Old Apr 24, 2012, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/mar...spx?ItemId=306

Good luck - they make it an effing pain now
Thanks, but I can't seem to find what I need on that page. I guess I wasn't clear (or I'm blind and can't see it )

I need to claim miles for a flight that I flew a couple of days ago without my MileagePlus number. There was no option to place a non-Turkish mileage number on the reservation and when I checked in at the airport the lady at the counter could not find my MileagePlus member (I don't know it by heart and did not have internet access).
Old Apr 24, 2012, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mkt80
Thanks, but I can't seem to find what I need on that page. I guess I wasn't clear (or I'm blind and can't see it )

I need to claim miles for a flight that I flew a couple of days ago without my MileagePlus number. There was no option to place a non-Turkish mileage number on the reservation and when I checked in at the airport the lady at the counter could not find my MileagePlus member (I don't know it by heart and did not have internet access).
You could submit online with the old UA site, but the "new" one lacks that functionality (along with any email address to send it to).

So either 1) send a copy of your ticket and boarding passes (if you have them) to [email protected], or 2) call it in and relay the same info.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
You could submit online with the old UA site, but the "new" one lacks that functionality (along with any email address to send it to).

So either 1) send a copy of your ticket and boarding passes (if you have them) to [email protected], or 2) call it in and relay the same info.
Thanks!

I just sent out the email with my ticket info and a scanned copy of my boarding pass.
I'll post when/if I get a response.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 11:02 pm
Original Poster

Just an update: united responded to email quickly and informed me miles should be posted within 7 days. Not too shabby.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.