C-South, near Gate C33
Term E, between Gates E11 and E12 -- Lower level
Polaris Lounge is on the upper levels of gates E11 and E12

Discussion of the United Clubs at IAH {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Discussion of the United Clubs at IAH

Old May 25, 2024, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .58 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by HadesNL (Post # 112)

Are these The complimentary range of alcoholic drinks .... ?

No pricing spotted ..... though but could be ...
Your previous FlyerTalk post from the EWR C74 United Club (UC) included a much clearer photo. I thought this might be a UA standard list of UC complimentary drinks, but no Sangria in IAH.
HadesNL likes this.
Old May 25, 2024, 10:13 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
A good observation thank you ! Good find!

At IAH UA Club C1,
The bar is half the size of the EWR UA Club at C74,

the cube displaying the complimentary drinks list was far away,
tucked away on the upper liquor shelf.
I had to hang over the bar with my belly & boobs to just be able to make photo of it ...l
Reason why the digital zoom is so blurry...., they were already asking if i had to many martoonis ......
I had to elegantly dive over the bar
The reason i guess that the drinks menu was tucked away in IAH ,
I guess, this has to do with Texas liquor laws for the morning "breakfast"cycle"

While at EWR UA Club at C74,
the state of New Jersey has no hang ups / resentments of displaying the complimentary drinks list 4x prominently on the bar counter during lunch hours.
So enjoy the sangria for me .... seems to be an EWR exclusive
SPN Lifer and st530 like this.
Old May 25, 2024, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HadesNL
A good observation thank you ! Good find!

At IAH UA Club C1,
The bar is half the size of the EWR UA Club at C74,

the cube displaying the complimentary drinks list was far away,
tucked away on the upper liquor shelf.
I had to hang over the bar with my belly & boobs to just be able to make photo of it ...l
Reason why the digital zoom is so blurry...., they were already asking if i had to many martoonis ......
I had to elegantly dive over the bar
The reason i guess that the drinks menu was tucked away in IAH ,
I guess, this has to do with Texas liquor laws for the morning "breakfast"cycle"

While at EWR UA Club at C74,
the state of New Jersey has no hang ups / resentments of displaying the complimentary drinks list 4x prominently on the bar counter during lunch hours.
So enjoy the sangria for me .... seems to be an EWR exclusive
Yeah I never noticed it before. Seems interesting. May have to give it a try then. Thanks for your photo!
SPN Lifer and HadesNL like this.
Old May 30, 2024, 6:55 am

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Update: United Club IAH C1 : breakfast at 07.45

Just some photos of the buffet....

Without anyone in the way or without it being swarmed by the hungry masses needing nourishment.

Lounge at 07.45 had a lot of free seating at the bar / dining area / communal hot desk and in the main seating area ...

Spot the visible difference ....
Where's Waldo ?

And no,
its the wrong answer if you thought the bar was empty and not staffed....
Spoiler

There were already interested parties wanted to get a kickstarter
Spoiler

For those of you that did not find Waldo ... visible difference since the last time..
Spoiler

SPN Lifer, st530 and Kmxu like this.
Old May 30, 2024, 7:44 am

Update: United Club IAH C1 : 8.39 H morning

And at the moment at 8.39 H morning in the UA Club IAH at C1

" ding dong * on the intercom
"Good morning UA Club guests, please put your carry on on the floor so that others may use the seats"

&

Ye ol' infamous banner is out...
"Currently the club is at capacity so we cannot accept the one-time-passes at the moment
----

So you know the crowds that comes and goes in waves
SPN Lifer, st530 and kirkwoodj like this.
Old Jun 13, 2024, 9:49 am

Programs: EB Diamond (SK*G), Accor Platinum
I am going there soon and I am curious if all those craft beers are complimentary or not! There are some (SFO, LGA, ...) which don't charge for them anymore.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2024, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LaziestRaccoon
I am going there soon and I am curious if all those craft beers are complimentary or not! There are some (SFO, LGA, ...) which don't charge for them anymore.
The last that I checked at IAH, about a month ago, the only complimentary beers were the macro lagers and blue moon. For a few years they included craft options, but those have become charged again. Very annoying.

When did you have a complimentary craft beer offered at SFO?
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2024, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .58 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Many United Club (UC) patrons enjoy a glass of India pale ale (IPA).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/India_pale_ale

Cans of "Island IPA" are still complimentary at the GUM UC, so it's not surprising for a UC in IAH to offer at least one brand of complimentary IPA.

A multitude of free IPAs at UCs in IAH or elsewhere would exceed expectations and was likely a temporary promotional introduction to their IPA offerings.
HadesNL likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2024, 5:35 am

Programs: EB Diamond (SK*G), Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by fumje
The last that I checked at IAH, about a month ago, the only complimentary beers were the macro lagers and blue moon. For a few years they included craft options, but those have become charged again. Very annoying.

When did you have a complimentary craft beer offered at SFO?
It was in March! I think it's because there's much nicer AC club which gives all good beers for free. Around that time EWR and ORD charged for IPAs.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2024, 7:40 am

Long layover tomorrow at IAH. Do the C clubs have work cubicles? I don't think the E club does.
Old Jun 30, 2024, 9:43 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat, BA Gold
Originally Posted by lamphs
Long layover tomorrow at IAH. Do the C clubs have work cubicles? I don't think the E club does.
C-South definitely does (it's still in the old CO PC style, as is E, but you're right that E lost its upstairs work cubicles when that level became the PL). C-North has a couple of private cell phone rooms near the interior agent desk, IIRC.
lamphs likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2024, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lamphs
Originally Posted by st530
C-South definitely does (it's still in the old CO PC style, as is E, but you're right that E lost its upstairs work cubicles when that level became the PL). C-North has a couple of private cell phone rooms near the interior agent desk, IIRC.
All correct: C south has a bank of cubicles, and they are adequately sheltered to have a call without being a public nuisance (if that's relevant). C north does have some cell phone rooms, but given there are fewer of them, I find they're comparatively more difficult to get into. E has no work cubicle or phone area.

I had a call come up unexpectedly once, and I did a tour of those three clubs looking for a spot I could use.
lamphs likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2024, 1:38 pm

To join in with others

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35651035-post102.html
lamphs likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.