Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Question: No show Saver Pass award ticket

Old Apr 13, 2012, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite

Hello!

I haven´t used an Saver Pass award ticket paid with OnePass miles before the merger. The booking was not cancelled prior to the flight.

Is the ticket despite the no-show refundable?

I have asked for refund online already, but haven´t received any reply yet from United.

Thank you for help.

Best regards,
cimber
Old May 20, 2012, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am curious about this one too. I thought on revenue tickets, no show = ticket is lost (i.e. must cancel before departure time or use the flat tire rule). How does it work on award tickets?

Thanks.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 11:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I'm curious about other FTers' experience on this topic too. Any insights?
Old Mar 29, 2013, 8:05 am

Programs: UA GS
what were the fare rules on the receipt when you bought your ticket? it probably says something to the effect of:

NON-END/-TRAN/-REF/UAONLY
All changes must be made prior to the departure date, or the ticket has no value.

While some refundable tickets allow cancelation after departure, I've yet to see a saver award ticket that does.

PS If you purchased before the merger late last winter, your ticket is more than a year old anyway so even if you had canceled and retained value, it most likely has expired.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 8:12 am

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 5: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B329 Safari/8536.25)

Award tickets are refundable and I Have done this post-trip refunds before. Just call and have an agent help you out. Depending on your status you may have to pay the redeposit fees.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by cimber
I haven´t used an Saver Pass award ticket paid with OnePass miles before the merger. The booking was not cancelled prior to the flight.

Is the ticket despite the no-show refundable?

I have asked for refund online already, but haven´t received any reply yet from United.
1) The PSS merger was 13 months ago.
2) Tickets are only valid for 12 months.
3) Your ticket is expired and worthless. No refund.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 9:31 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mduell
2) Tickets are only valid for 12 months.
PMUA you had 2 years to refund award tickets

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...l#post15084337

Have no idea what the PMCO or present UA rules are.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.