Wiki Posts
Search

Any way to route an award flight?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2012, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT; SPG GLD; HLT GLD
Any way to route an award flight?

I wanted to fly F from LHR to NYC. But as I'm looking for a good flight experience, I was recommended to fly LHR-FRA(overnight stay if possible)-ZUR-NYC. So I was wondering if there was any possible way of routing the award flight so that I flew that route but only had to pay the 67.5K saver F price. I know it's a reach but I'm pulling at strings and seeing what comes at me. Also, any other options are welcome

Cheers,
Zoui21
Old Apr 10, 2012, 1:41 pm

I would say so.

I have a economy award routing of:

DUB->LHR->YVR->MCO->DUB

with 27 hours in LHR and was only charged the 60,000 miles (R/T from Europe to North America)
Old Apr 10, 2012, 1:42 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by Zoui21
I wanted to fly F from LHR to NYC. But as I'm looking for a good flight experience, I was recommended to fly LHR-FRA(overnight stay if possible)-ZUR-NYC. So I was wondering if there was any possible way of routing the award flight so that I flew that route but only had to pay the 67.5K saver F price. I know it's a reach but I'm pulling at strings and seeing what comes at me. Also, any other options are welcome

Cheers,
Zoui21
Stopovers are not permitted on one way award tickets so it's not likely you'll be able to overnight anywhere along the way. You could legally do LHR-ZRH-NYC...assuming you want to fly on Swiss. If you were doing a round trip award you could have a stopover.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

But theres no way UA would route me LHR-FRA-ZUR-NYC without the overnight, all in a day. I want to experience both FCT and CL and apparently LX F is really good, and I dont think my LH 744 New F chances are good.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 2:00 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Well then call and see... first determine if there is award space on precisely the flights you want and see if an agent will book it. You definitely won't be able to book it online.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR
You definitely won't be able to book it online.
Ah, so that's the trick. I'll attempt it, but only after my next flight otherwise I wont have enough miles anyway, I was just planning ahead to see what my chances were.
Has this ever been done by anyone?
Old Apr 10, 2012, 2:41 pm

Programs: MANY
One-way award does not permit stop-over, which is defined as 24-hours or longer stop. So technically it should be ok if it is just overnight (23 hr 59 min or less).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.