Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where is my mobile boarding pass?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2012, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Delta sends BPs to your mobile phone as text messages, not emails. Much better arrangement -- harder to lose in the queue.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 10:42 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Was unable to issue a mobile boarding pass for my flight ex-JFK tomorrow. Sounds like there's an issue with ex-JFK flights. Bizarre to say the least ,as I have never had a problem ex-JFK with MBPs.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 11:20 am

Programs: Million Miles achieved | 2017 Delta Platinum, United NADA, Global Entry, PreCheck, NEXUS
On a flight SEA-SFO at OLCI offered mobile pass, but then it errered out 3/1/2012.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by BearX220
Delta sends BPs to your mobile phone as text messages, not emails. Much better arrangement -- harder to lose in the queue.
PMUA used to be able to do this too, though can't recall if I had this by specifying a mobile number or just my wireless carrier email.

On the other hand, if I recall correctly from last time I used a delta Mobile BP, it is static and doesn't update with any changes, delays etc.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 8:15 am

Programs: Random acts of kindness and senseless beauty
Help with mobile boarding pass

This morning I checked in on my phone. The only option for delivery of the boarding pass was email for printing. After I checked in, the email I received had an attachment for printing a paper boarding pass. I went on line with my computer, and the results were the same. I waited 2 hours hoping the mobile boarding pass would appear in the United app in my android phone, but that did not happen either.

What am I doing wrong? How can I get a mobile boarding pass for this evenings flight?
Old Jul 19, 2012, 8:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Not all stations permit a mobile BP. Are you sure the one you're flying from does?
Old Jul 19, 2012, 8:27 am

BWI? I have used mobile boarding passes there many times before.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 9:23 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, CX GR, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry
Originally Posted by last2board
BWI? I have used mobile boarding passes there many times before.
International trip?
Old Jul 19, 2012, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by USFdonWill
International trip?
No, BWI-SFO non stop.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus dirt (former hard-way Silver); AS Mileage Plan MVP; Hilton Honors Silver
Originally Posted by last2board
No, BWI-SFO non stop.
I had a similar issue flying EWR-PBI back in May. Checked in using the iPhone app, but the system wouldn't give me any option other than e-mail or pickup at kiosk. Only possible explanation could be that it was a one-way itinerary, but not sure why that would matter.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 12:54 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

I have had this issue ex-JFK multiple times. Gone unfixed for months
Old Jul 19, 2012, 6:39 pm

Programs: United Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Club, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz President, Avis President
Originally Posted by emcampbe
PMUA used to be able to do this too, though can't recall if I had this by specifying a mobile number or just my wireless carrier email.

On the other hand, if I recall correctly from last time I used a delta Mobile BP, it is static and doesn't update with any changes, delays etc.
If I remember correcty the United app only updates the boarding pass if you check-in again. At least you can do that if you know you can. Last time with Delta I had to get a paper BP.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 11:09 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus dirt (former hard-way Silver); AS Mileage Plan MVP; Hilton Honors Silver
Originally Posted by joelliot
If I remember correcty the United app only updates the boarding pass if you check-in again. At least you can do that if you know you can. Last time with Delta I had to get a paper BP.
Incorrect. The boarding pass refreshes if you click the 'refresh data' button on the home screen. I don't think it updates departure times, but I know it updates gate info.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 10:55 am
formerly FrequentFlyKid

Programs: United Global Services, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, National Executive Elite
Mobile Boarding Pass

Is there something wrong with the mobile boarding pass feature of United's iPhone app? On every check in I have done via the United app for the past couple of weeks I do not get a mobile boarding pass. It only gives me the option of emailing my boarding passes for printing. I used to have no issues.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jul 20, 2012 at 10:59 am Reason: already an existing thread on this topic
Old Jul 20, 2012, 10:59 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
What airports are you flying out of?

Is there more than one person on the PNR?

Are you traveling with an infant?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.