Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Bookable online award availability invisible to call center?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bookable online award availability invisible to call center?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2012, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by wcalvert
I used the ANA trick earlier today. I don't know what the greasemonkey script does, but the Star Alliance button will be greyed out so search on a route that ANA serves (like NRT-BKK is my normal) and then after the search results come up there is a check star alliance partners button at the bottom. Once you click that you can Star Alliance search away on any route.
Followed your instruction and it worked like a charm! Thanks!
Old Apr 1, 2012, 6:16 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL Diamond, LH SEN, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by brahms77
(ANA cannot search within 7 days, so I cannot comment on matched availability <7 days prior to departure).
Search the same flight twice in a multi-destination search to solve the problem.

So if you want IAH-FRA on 4/3 select the multi-destination option and search:

4/3 IAH-FRA
4/3 IAH-FRA

The first row will error out but the 2nd will work.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by BryanIAH
Search the same flight twice in a multi-destination search to solve the problem.

So if you want IAH-FRA on 4/3 select the multi-destination option and search:

4/3 IAH-FRA
4/3 IAH-FRA

The first row will error out but the 2nd will work.
Thanks Bryan. This is great to know. Based on this, it seems like LH F availability for flights within 7 days of departure is about 80-90% accurate when displayed as 'available' on UA website as compared to ANA tool (ANA tool is the gold-standard).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.