Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Progress update -- finally some news from UA!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2012, 5:59 pm
Original Poster

Location: New Orleans on a sabattical. My roots are in Los Angeles.
Programs: Chase Palladium, AMEX Plat, UA Plat, AA EXP, HH/SPG G, PC plat

In my email...

As a Premier Silver member, you have come to deserve and expect a dependable, rewarding experience from United from end to end. We want to keep you up to date following our recent conversion to a single passenger service system, a single website and a single loyalty program. We know that our customers have experienced various issues since our system conversion. We are working aggressively to resolve the remaining issues promptly. Here is a progress update on key subjects about which we've heard from our customers.
Customer Service hold times. If you have called or sent us an email recently, you have more than likely experienced delays, in some cases for extended periods. We sincerely apologize for this. We are addressing these high volumes with a combination of system solutions and additional staffing. Be assured this is our top priority, and we are steadily reducing wait times and email backlogs.

Complimentary Premier Upgrades. Over the past few weeks, we experienced difficulties with our Complimentary Premier Upgrade process. We have stabilized our systems to ensure that upgrades are being processed in a timely manner and in the appropriate order. If your flight is eligible for a Complimentary Premier Upgrade, be assured that you will be automatically added to the upgrade list. Once you have checked in for your flight, you can see where you are on the list by going to mobile.united.com or our mobile app. Those familiar with the old united.com will notice that this procedure is different from before our system conversion.

Later this year we will enhance the upgrade process so that at any time you can see your pending upgrade requests. This will take us some time to accomplish, but we know that upgrades are an important Premier benefit and appreciate your patience while we refine this experience.

Mileage credit and redeposit. When you take an eligible flight on United, the mileage credit and Premier qualifying activity will appear in your account approximately 72 hours after departure. Flights on a Star Alliance member airline or another airline partner may take a bit longer. If a flight is missing from your account, you can call the MileagePlus Service Center to request the credit, and it will appear in your account approximately three weeks later.

On a related topic, you may have noticed that mileage redeposits for unused travel and upgrade awards are, in some cases, taking longer than normal to credit to your account. We are working to expedite this. Be assured that while it may take longer than usual right now, all mileage credits will post accurately to your account. The standard timeframe will be 10 days. We aim to systematically reduce these posting times as we go forward.

Signing in to united.com. We hope you've had a chance to sign in to the new united.com, but if you haven't, visit the United Hub at united.com/hub first, where you can learn about MileagePlus PINs, passwords and other topics designed to increase your familiarity with united.com. There are some features we know you'll enjoy about the new united.com, such as fewer steps to book a reservation (including award travel on United and more than 30 of our partners); Alex, the united.com guide; and more. Over the next year, we will be improving the functionality of our website and adding new features.
Based on customer feedback, we are continuing to address a range of other subjects concerning our post-conversion travel procedures. Visit the United Hub for specific updates. Plus, we are intensifying our training process for customer service agents at our airports and contact centers, to focus particularly on the issues that we've heard about from our customers since the system conversion.

We thank you for your patience while we complete our transition and apologize again for any problems you've had. Your business matters to us, and we look forward to seeing you onboard soon.

Sincerely,

Jeff Foland
Executive Vice President
President
MileagePlus

Martin Hand
Senior Vice President
Customer Experience
United

I think a more direct, honest, letter might have made me feel that they really 'get it', and seeing Smisek's name somewhere in the email as well (again, I wouldn't hold him as accountable, but I see his face telling me about the new culture of respect, and doing what you say you're going to do).

If we had heard from them earlier, or if there had been an apology somewhere in there, I would have been happier.
But at least it's something.

[aside : I just booked an Award ticket on AA, and was impressed at their customer service. Looking forward to when I can feel that way about UA again.]

Last edited by rizwank; Mar 30, 2012 at 6:03 pm Reason: Clean up.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 6:05 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

See:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...onversion.html

iluv2fly
Moderator, UA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.