Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "UA PerksPlus Program" Discussion Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 3, 2017, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
United PerksPlusSM program - Making business travel more rewarding

United PerksPlus, a complimentary corporate program designed to reward small- and mid-sized enterprises for business travel on United®, United Express®, All Nippon Airways (ANA), Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, Lufthansa and Swiss International Air Lines.
Summary -- PerksPlus provide a reward system for the corporation for their ticket purchases.

• Points can be redeemed for United MileagePlus Premier Gold or Silver status.
  • Use points to enjoy a United Club annual membership or receive a book of one-time passes to access United airport lounges in over 45 locations worldwide. Visit the United Club and lounges page for more information on the United Club network.
  • Points may be redeemed for award travel certificates that can be used on the extensive United route network.
And points can be converted to UA MP miles - Two United PerksPlus Points will be converted to one MileagePlus award mile.
[/quote]
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "UA PerksPlus Program" Discussion Thread [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2018, 6:09 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
Does anybody know what is the minimum spend required to be able to re qualify for this program for the next program year? is it $20k or $25k?
From the PerksPlus homepage -- assuming you're in the US... it has remained $25k

Customers in the U.S. and Canada
Once your company's eligible revenue totals $25,000 USD on United, United Express, Lufthansa Group and ANA (where applicable) within the 12-month period immediately after enrollment, we will automatically renew your membership. Upon renewal, outstanding points earned during the prior term will remain valid for an additional 24 months.

Customers in Latin America
Once your company's eligible revenue totals $15,000 USD on United, United Express and ANA within the 12-month period immediately after enrollment, we will automatically renew your membership. Upon renewal, outstanding points earned during the prior term will remain valid for an additional 24 months.

Customers in the Caribbean and Central America
Once your company's eligible revenue totals $10,000 USD on United, United Express and ANA within the 12-month period immediately after enrollment, we will automatically renew your membership. Upon renewal, outstanding points earned during the prior term will remain valid for an additional 24 months.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
From the PerksPlus homepage -- assuming you're in the US... it has remained $25k
Thanks. Wasn't aware that points expire.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
Thanks. Wasn't aware that points expire.
Yeah, it's an odd corner of United that (for better or worse) doesn't seem to change/get much attention in the policy (or, for that matter, IT) department. The expiration of points and the fact that activity has a 2+ month lag before posting to a PerksPlus account tie for my 2nd in my "things that most annoy me about PP". (#1 is the lack of clarity on what makes a ticket non-qualifying -- and the only way it seems to get that answered would be to collect every ticket # from every one of my company's travelers during the month in question and submit them to the PP folks. Not worth the hassle.)
Old Sep 2, 2018, 10:06 pm

I've usually had acceptable to good experiences redeeming for domestic and transatlantic coach awards from PerksPlus. But I'm having a lot of trouble finding inventory to/from Hawaii. Booking class for base PerksPlus awards is K, usually a revenue booking class, but seemingly not on United's Hawaii flights, where I see revenue fares in T, S, W, V, H, U, and on up. So no surprise that most flights have K0 inventory loaded. Set some ExpertFlyer alerts but not having much luck. Any suggesions?

Better ways to search? On a route from the east coast to Hawaii, United has so many connecting points. Hard to get ExperttFlyer to show all options. Would be nice to be able to search self-service on United.com, but I don't want to redeem the cert until I'm sure there's space available, which by all indications there is not.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 12:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
I don't think there are any special secrets here.. depends on what you are looking for. I just did a random search for EWR-HNL this coming Tuesday and all of the first 5 options on EF show K space, including the nonstop. YMMV.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 8:45 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Booked a reward in K to Europe. Was offered buyup to J at check in, took it, now showing as ZN. Anybody know if there’s a glitch where I may earn PQM?
Old Feb 14, 2019, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by nevansm
Booked a reward in K to Europe. Was offered buyup to J at check in, took it, now showing as ZN. Anybody know if there’s a glitch where I may earn PQM?
Beyond strongly doubt it -- One of the conditions precedent to getting PQM appears to be RDM, and RDM requires a fare > 0 -- but let me know if I'm wrong -- the fares are also coded to inhibit instrument and traditional buy-up upgrades as well (I've previously asked the wonderful ladies at PerksPlus if we could, to make up a point shortfall, redeem an Economy reward and then buy up off of that to J [if it were possible, presumably it would be based on the cash value of that bucket at time of redemption] and got a nice but direct "not really, ticket value is $0, and you can't use GPUs either"
Old Feb 14, 2019, 8:54 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Right, I was not able to buyup until checkin, and naturally a K fare isn’t uogradeable with GPU. I don’t care either way ok the PQM but would be a nice surprise. I may also email 1kvoice to solicit the buyup as counting towards PQD (which I think buyups should). I’ll report back on this thread with the outcome.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 9:01 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
ZN is used for some cash upgrades

Right, I was not able to buyup until checkin, and naturally a K fare isn’t uogradeable with GPU. I don’t care either way ok the PQM but would be a nice surprise. I may also email 1kvoice to solicit the buyup as counting towards PQD (which I think buyups should). I’ll report back on this thread with the outcome.
cash upgrades (if not a true upfare) rarely/never are eligible for PQD. A ZN upgrade will definitely not be eligible for higher PQDs and likely not for bonus PQMs -- you should receive mileage based on the purchase economy fare.

Some Paid Upgrades Count Towards PQD & mileage bonus and some DON'T!
Old May 4, 2019, 7:07 pm

Are there change/cancellation fees for Perkplus Travel Certificate redemptions?
Old May 4, 2019, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by yerffej201
Are there change/cancellation fees for Perkplus Travel Certificate redemptions?
According to the PerksPlus FAQ (not sure if its visible unless you're a PerksPlus admin/have a login):

What if I need to make a change to an award ticket already issued?

Routing changes are not permitted, however date changes are permitted. Traveler is responsible for any difference in taxes or fees due to re-bookings, per the rules of the fare class.
My understanding from this and recollection from the last time I asked our United rep was that it's essentially a 'flexible fare' (e.g. no change fees) but once redeemed the points can't be redeposited and any travel must be completed to the originally ticketed destination within 1 year of issue (points redemption).

Depending on how volatile your situation is and your MP status you may be better exchanging PerksPlus points into MP miles (2:1 conversion rate) at which point they become subject to typical MP redemption/change rules. We've only used PerksPlus points for UC memberships and travel to tradeshows because our plans change too often for everything else.
Old May 7, 2019, 12:07 pm

Programs: Continetnal Silver
When redeeming for flights can flights be on LH / OS in Europe for example
Old May 7, 2019, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by tale
When redeeming for flights can flights be on LH / OS in Europe for example
From the footnote to the reward chart:

Travel certificates are valid for one round-trip ticket on flights operated by United and/or United Express. All travel certificates originating within the 48 contiguous U.S. will be issued an electronic ticket. For redemption, log on to www.united.com.
Note though that you can earn PerksPlus points on select far buckets from LH-group airlines and ANA (with some geographic restrictions )
Old Aug 16, 2019, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Perks Plus Time to Post?

I have recently added a bunch of people to our Perks Plus account, but no activity has shown up. How long does it take for flights to post? Does it only work for itineraries booked after adding the MileagePlus number to Perks Plus?
Old Aug 16, 2019, 2:39 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
I find that points post about a month after the month in which they were accrued; e.g., May flights post in mid July. Members added to the account should appear on the list of active travelers immediately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.