Old Feb 3, 2024, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the Club Card was replaced by the Infinite Card, the active thread is Chase United Club Infinite Credit Card

Previous thread Chase MP Club creditcard {Archive}

Related links & threads:Chase United Card Benefits and United Premier Status Benefits

EMV chip + Signature (NOT PIN) enabled cards are now available

United MileagePlus Club Card, 1st Year $395 Annual Fee Waived, Tied to United Status?

Chase United Club Infinite Credit Card --- new offering

Improved Tiebreaker for Upgrades Waitlist
1. Premier Status
2. Fare Class
3. Chase United Club Card Holders
4. Corporate Preferred Members
5. Chase MP Cardholders meeting spend threshold
6. Time of Request
Spoiler

United Club Infinite Card Benefits for 2022

Earn on All Purchases:
  • 4x miles on United purchases
  • 2x miles on all other travel including airfare, trains, local transit, cruise lines, hotels, car rentals, taxicabs, resorts, ride share services and tolls.
  • 2x miles on dining including eligible delivery services.
  • 1x mile on all other purchases
United Club membership:
  • Up to a $650 value per year. Relax in comfort while waiting for your flight with complimentary beverages, snacks, high-speed Wi-Fi and more.

Credit card travel benefits:
  • Free first and second checked bags
  • For you and a companion, save up to $320 per roundtrip.
  • Premier Access® travel services
  • Priority check-in, security, boarding, and baggage handling (where available).
  • Up to $100 Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® fee credit
  • 25% back on United inflight purchases
  • No foreign transaction fees
MileagePlus program benefits:
  • Earn up to 4,000 Premier qualifying points
  • Effective January 1, 2022, you’ll earn 500 PQP for every $12,000 you spend on purchases (up to 4,000 PQP in a calendar year) that can be applied toward your Premier status qualification, up to the Premier 1K level. (N.B., Does not count for PQP only 1K qualification)
  • NEW: Save 10% on United Economy Saver Awards on United and United Express flights when traveling within the continental U.S. or between the continental U.S. and Canada.
  • No blackout dates for MileagePlus members booking award flights on United.
  • MileagePlus miles don't expire

Protection benefits:
  • Travel and purchase coverage
  • Travel and shop with confidence with built-in benefits including Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Purchase Protection and more.

Other benefits:
  • Complimentary DashPass from DoorDash
  • Your card unlocks a year of complimentary DashPass, meaning you’ll get unlimited delivery from the places you love with $0 delivery fees and lower service fees on eligible orders of $12 or more. After that, you are automatically enrolled in DashPass at the current monthly rate.
  • NEW: IHG Rewards Platinum Elite status
  • Starting in 2022, you will be eligible for Platinum Elite status in IHG Rewards. Plus, receive up to $75 in statement credits as reimbursement for IHG® Hotels and Resorts purchases charged to your card in 2022.
  • Cardmembers can register here: https://promo.united.com/offers/ihgstatus
  • NEW: $70 discount on CLEAR® membership. Plus earn 10,000 bonus miles if you sign up for CLEAR membership by June 30, 2022.
  • Luxury Hotels & Resort Collection:
  • Receive complimentary Cardmember benefits at luxury hotels and resorts worldwide.
Exclusive Cardmember events:
  • Purchase or use miles for unique experiences offered by United Card Events from Chase and United MileagePlus Exclusives.

Annual fee:
Previous Benefits:

Easier path to status for primary cardholders
  • Four UA operated segment requirement waived removed in 2020
  • With $25K annual spend, PQD requirements waived for Plat or lower status removed in 2020
  • Earn 500 PQP for each $12,000 spent, up to 1,000 PQP -- New for 2020

Travel Benefits
Rewards
  • Earn Miles on Every Purchase (1.5 miles per $1 spent on every purchase. and a total of 2 miles per $1 spent on tickets purchased from United)
  • Complimentary Upgrades on Award Tickets for Premier Members (primary Cardmember)
  • No Close-in Award Travel Booking Fees
  • Any Seat, Any Time, With Your Miles
  • Miles Don't Expire
  • Award Travel on Star Alliance (based on inventory availability)
  • Car and Hotel Awards
  • Access to Merchandise purchasing with miles

Travel Protection
  • Baggage Delay Insurance
  • Lost Luggage Reimbursement
  • Trip Delay Reimbursement
  • Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption Insurance
  • Emergency Evacuation & Transportation
  • Travel Accident Insurance
  • Travel & Emergency Assistance Services
  • Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver

Purchase Protection
  • Extended Warranty Protection
  • Price Protection
  • Purchase Protection
  • Return Protection
Cell Phone Protection (theft / damage) (starting Nov 2019

Announcement 27 March 2012
Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi Everyone, obviously I'm a lilttle late to the game here, but, as you can see, today we’ll officially be introducing the new United MileagePlus Club Card. I know there’s been speculation on this, and I’m sure there will be follow-up questions. To start, here are some key highlights of the United MileagePlus Club Card:
  • As the card name suggests, a full United Club membership is included. If you already have a United Club membership, once approved for the card, you’ll be refunded for any unused portion of your membership as long as the refund is $15 or more (the refund is applicable to annual and three year memberships)

• There are some key benefits, too. Just like our Presidential Plus Card, the new Club Card is designed to enhance your total travel experience. Here’s a list of the benefits (details for each can be found here):
  • Earn 50% more miles on ALL purchases. This is a new benefit. Cardmembers will earn at least 50% more miles on all purchases with the new Club Card. Specifically, for each $1 spent, Cardmembers will earn 1.5 miles, and when purchasing United tickets, the miles jump to 2 miles for every $1 spent on tickets
  • Free first and second standard checked bags for the Cardmember and one companion
  • Premier Access travel services, including priority check-in, security, boarding and baggage handling
  • Book award tickets close to the departure date without a fee. We’ll waive the fee for booking award tickets 21 days or less prior to departure. This benefit is reserved for certain Cardmembers and certain Premier levels
  • Get complimentary upgrades on award tickets (applicable for Premier members). Cardmembers who are also Premier members will be eligible to receive their complimentary upgrade benefits (where available) even when traveling on an award ticket in economy class
  • No foreign transaction fees
  • Cardmembers will have access to last-seat award availability (applicable to general members)
  • As a Cardmember, miles don’t expire
  • Invitation to special Avis benefits and Hyatt Platinum Elite status
  • Inside Access from Chase. As a Cardmember, you will be delighted with opportunities to attend private, curated, once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Visit InsideAccess.com to learn about upcoming events
  • Access to the Chase’s Luxury Hotels and Resorts Collection special rates and benefits
  • Premier travel and purchase protection, including primary auto rental collision damage coverage
  • 24/7 Concierge Services

For those of you who already have a credit card with Chase, here’s some more information:

• Already have a Mileage Plus Club Visa Card? You’ll find that the key differences are that the new Club Card has the added benefits of free checked bags, Premier Access, 50% mileage bonus on all purchases, award tickets close to departure date without a fee and complimentary upgrades on award tickets (applicable for Premier members where available). The new Club Card does not award Premier Qualifying Miles for purchases. More specific information about your current card and the new Club Card will arrive in the mail in late April

• Already have the Presidential Plus Card? The key difference is that the Presidential Plus Card awards Flexible Premier Qualifying Miles for purchases whereas the new Club Card awards a 50% mileage bonus on all purchases. Both cards earn 2 miles for every $1 spent on United tickets. If you’re interested in changing over to the new Club Card, simply call the number on the back of your current card to discuss your options. While the Presidential Plus Card and its benefits will continue, we are not taking any additional applications for new Presidential Plus accounts

• Already have another United card from Chase? If you currently have another United card from Chase and want to switch, call the number on the back of your current card to discuss your options

For a full list of details, and to apply for the new Club Card, please visit MileagePlusClub.com.

As always, please let us know your questions.

Shannon Kelly
Director, Customer Insights[
United Airlines
How long after applying for the card before I have UC access?
Chase / UA states (Offer Details)
Please allow 2 weeks after account open date for the United Club membership to activate
but it usually is quicker. At UCs, much of the time they will see it in under a week. *A lounges may require the physical card which may take 4-6 weeks. Those accepting the virtual card should work about the same as UCs.

For comparison see PresidentialPlus credit card - Benefits, Q&A, ....[2014-2015]
and Chase MP Explorer Card (Q&A, Benefits, Bonuses, Discussion, ....)
Print Wikipost

Chase MP Club credit card {Archive}

Old May 1, 2013, 10:56 pm
Used to be FlyingMedallionDL

Programs: DL PM, Delta Reserve and 1.2 MM
Originally Posted by SuperKirby
Personally, even if I don't ever use the lounges, I would still keep the card for the 1.5x miles/dollar as long as i'm putting $35K+ on the card. Pretty easy to do especially with a little bit of mfg spend. $1K a month with AP and bluebird and thats already $24K a year. If you're not much of a mfg spender, toning it down to $500/month with AP and BB and that's already 12K a year down.
How does this bluebird and ap work? I'm confused.
Old May 2, 2013, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by flyingdoc747
How does this bluebird and ap work? I'm confused.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...-payments.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...er-checks.html

Kinda long threads. But basically with AP you're sending money to a family member or friend with a CC for free (free both ends), then they give u the money back thru cash or bank transfer. With BB you're essentially paying all your bills with a credit card (mortgage, loans, even paying your credit card bills with a credit card). Can hit $24K a year just doing that alone.
Old May 3, 2013, 9:36 pm
Used to be FlyingMedallionDL

Programs: DL PM, Delta Reserve and 1.2 MM
Smile

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...-payments.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...er-checks.html

Kinda long threads. But basically with AP you're sending money to a family member or friend with a CC for free (free both ends), then they give u the money back thru cash or bank transfer. With BB you're essentially paying all your bills with a credit card (mortgage, loans, even paying your credit card bills with a credit card). Can hit $24K a year just doing that alone.
I like this!!! This is perfect! How come I didn't know about this. You guys are awesome! Thanks superkirby

So I could technically use my Amex for my rent since they only accept checks or visa/mc. With my DL Amex, I can get the $25K mileage boost! Good strategy?
Old May 4, 2013, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by flyingdoc747
I like this!!! This is perfect! How come I didn't know about this. You guys are awesome! Thanks superkirby

So I could technically use my Amex for my rent since they only accept checks or visa/mc. With my DL Amex, I can get the $25K mileage boost! Good strategy?
With BB yes, you can pay your rent easily (pay early because BB is slow with rent payments). I highly recommend reading EVERYTHING on those links and lots of Google searches as well because you'll know what to do, or what not to do (don't get shut down or abuse these nice perks). I.e. Some reports out there about FR's if you use Amex for AP. No facts, just what I see on the net.

Also, any questions you have, post somewhere other than this thread, otherwise the mod will move these posts anyway.

But back to the original subject, the United Club card is so worth keeping with the 1.5x/dollar easily. Even if I never use the perks or lounges again...
Old May 4, 2013, 5:18 am
RNE

Ho-Hum

As laudable as the Club Card is, let's not get hysterical. Chase has allowed this once-innovative product to languish and, quite frankly, it's getting a little long in the tooth. Chase needs to step up the pace and add new features and better perks. I'd be surprised if Jamie Baby isn't working on this even now.

RNE, but on second thought I've been surprised before.
Old May 4, 2013, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by RNE
As laudable as the Club Card is, let's not get hysterical. Chase has allowed this once-innovative product to languish and, quite frankly, it's getting a little long in the tooth. Chase needs to step up the pace and add new features and better perks. I'd be surprised if Jamie Baby isn't working on this even now.

RNE, but on second thought I've been surprised before.
+1, while the 1.5x is great for mfg spend, for a status flyer it definitely needs wayy more perks.
Old May 20, 2013, 1:14 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Originally Posted by ctownflyer
The Presidential Plus card was $100/year for Lifetime PC members.

1. If we switch to the new Club card will we still be able to keep our discounted $100 annual fee?
2. Can lifetime club members apply for the new club card for a $100 annual fee?
Did we ever get an answer to this? I called today and they told me that, if I switched to the United Club Card from my current Pres Plus, I would no longer get the $100 discount as a Lifetime UC member, but would have to pay $395. This makes no sense.

?
Old Jun 7, 2013, 4:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold
Does anyone have experience with purchasing a ticket with the Club Card, and then canceling the Club Card before the travel date? Are the benefits (specifically 2 free checked bags) still applicable for the ticket?

I've searched and read the posts where the Club Card benefits seem to apply as long as it's linked to the MP account (i.e. buy a ticket with another card and still get the Club Card benefits). It seems it would be logical then that if I cancel the Club Card before the travel date, my MP account would no longer be linked to the Club Card and therefore I would not get the benefits even if I purchased the ticket with it?

Anyone have experience with this? Thanks!
Old Jul 17, 2013, 7:08 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by JAaronT
A couple of days after getting approved for the card, I tried doing UC renewal on the website, and it informed me that it wasn't necessary since I was a Club credit card holder. I was granted entry to the UC before the card arrived--just presented my boarding pass and was never asked for the card. No fuss, no muss.
Can anyone confirm if this is still the case? I applied for the card and was given instant approval last night. I fly out tomorrow evening from AUS and want to know if I will be able to access the United Club in AUS and IAH.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 7:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by OPFlyer
Can anyone confirm if this is still the case? I applied for the card and was given instant approval last night. I fly out tomorrow evening from AUS and want to know if I will be able to access the United Club in AUS and IAH.
All you have to do is log in to your account on ual.com. Click on "View Account Details". Under "My Travel Options" you will see "Current Subscriptions". If it show United Club Membership with an expiration date, you are good to go. All you have to do is present your BP at the Club and they will scan it. You don't need the membership card.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
You do not need to show MP Club Card or Club membership card. Boarding pass will do, as long as MP # is on it. You may or may not also be asked for a picture ID.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 7:40 pm

You'll most likely have no problem getting in a UA club, but definitely a hard time getting into a partnered *A lounge. but I think you're going AUS-IAH? or is IAH a connection to somewhere Intl?
Old Jul 17, 2013, 7:48 pm

Thank y'all. Yes I am flying AUS-IAH with a domestic connecting flight. So far it is not showing that I have an active UC membership. Hopefully that'll change before tomorrow afternoon.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 8:20 pm

Thank y'all. Yes I am flying AUS-IAH with a domestic connecting flight. So far it is not showing that I have an active UC membership. Hopefully that'll change before tomorrow afternoon.
that's crazy, I never knew flying AUS-IAH had a connection. Learn something knew everyday...
Old Jul 17, 2013, 8:31 pm

that's crazy, I never knew flying AUS-IAH had a connection. Learn something knew everyday...
I wrote a poorly worded sentence. I meant to say, I am flying AUS-IAH with a connection in IAH to HRL. Though hopefully I can get that switched to MFE.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.