Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Has *anybody* managed to get through to the MP service centre? When?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2012, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.

I have had a relatively decent success rate, considering, of getting through to the 1K line during the last couple of weeks - I haven't had any super-urgent issues, so I've been able to call back later and get through if the call volume was high. However, I've drawn a complete blank with the MP service centre, trying both the UK and the US numbers - in spite of holding for up to 30 minutes (my maximum given that I'm paying for an international call). I have quite a few bones to pick with them - missing credits for five flights in January and February (already requested up to three times), and two unsuccessful GPUs that haven't been returned to my account, and which I may need to use (or at least try to) soon. So my question is, has *anybody* actually managed to get through to the MP service centre since the merger of the FF programs? If so, which weekday and what time of day, and which with what hold time?
Old Mar 25, 2012, 4:22 pm

Programs: FAF, Hyatt <>, SPG PLT
Try calling the 1K line.

I just called the 1K line about 3 hours ago with a ticketing issue. I got an agent in 2 minutes. The agent fixed that and then I asked about a GPU that hadn't been returned. The 1K agent put me on hold while she called MP and within 3 minutes the GPU was back in the account.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
That's how I used to get through to MP in the past. But since 3/3, it has always ended in the 1K agent putting me on hold and then apologizing for MP not picking up. Do you remember what weekday/time you managed to get through?
Old Mar 25, 2012, 4:42 pm

Called Gold line and got an gent in 5-10 minutes. Not too bad. Unfortuantely the LH F availability was phantom :/
Old Mar 25, 2012, 4:44 pm

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
Ive called 1k line, than asked from the HAL for the mileage+ and generally got through on average in 5min or less.
Today around 10 - called 1k to change my award ticket, moving me from Y to IN - took me no more than 5min total
Old Mar 25, 2012, 4:50 pm

Programs: FAF, Hyatt <>, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag
That's how I used to get through to MP in the past. But since 3/3, it has always ended in the 1K agent putting me on hold and then apologizing for MP not picking up. Do you remember what weekday/time you managed to get through?
As I said in my original post it was today about 3 hours ago. So call it 12:30pm pacific time on 3/25/12 (A Sunday).
Old Mar 25, 2012, 5:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
I've read a bunch of horror stories about wait times on the 1K line, but I've been pleasantly surprised each time that I have called. I've called 4 times in the past few weeks (typically weekday mid-day) and have gotten through with less than a minute or two of hold time each time. The automated attendant always gets me to the right agent (MileagePlus vs. Reservations), and the hold times have been good for both. When I read that elites (and specifically 1Ks) are having long wait times, I often wonder if for some reason the system is not properly recognizing their status (eg. fat-fingering the MP number, using the old number, or some glitch on United's end).
Old Mar 25, 2012, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Called the M+ service center last week to force credit of flights that were taken two weeks ago. Was about 3pm central time on Wednesday. Was on hold just a few minutes, under ten for sure, probably under five. Spent 15 minutes getting it dealt with. Would have been less if I had provided the PNR instead of the ticket number. M+ apparently cannot bring up past reservations by ticket number even though the web site displays only the ticket number in the receipt.

If everyone has both PNR and ticket number handy, then M+ calls will go faster, and hold times will be reduced.

Of course as a result of that call, I now have negative PQMs. I will use my layover at ORD tomorrow to deal with that and get some GPUs printed to paper for LH. I do like to live dangerously.

That all said, I have called United more times in two weeks than I normally do in two years. The old dot bomb was an abortion, but it did the job, and 1kvoice worked 99 percent of the time when dot bomb didn't. Considering the labor cost per discount economy ticket, I will be surprised if UA stays in the black this quarter.

Last edited by mre5765; Mar 25, 2012 at 5:33 pm
Old Mar 25, 2012, 5:43 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
I've tried several times over the past week -- disconnected every time after wading my way through the unwieldy phone tree.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by as219
I've tried several times over the past week -- disconnected every time after wading my way through the unwieldy phone tree.
I just press zero.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 5:56 pm

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Originally Posted by as219
Say a prayer and try this... http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...wait-time.html

SunLover
Old Mar 25, 2012, 7:12 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Got through twice to MP today by calling the 1K number and requesting MP. Took about a minute each time.

Not bad.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 7:22 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
I've had absolutely no difficulty reaching reservations or MP the last few weeks. I've read the horror stories but have not experienced the same problems. If someone is having issues, I suggest they just hang up and re dial.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 7:27 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mre5765
I just press zero.
Originally Posted by SunLover
Say a prayer and try this... http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...wait-time.html

SunLover
Thanks for the tips ^

But honestly, should I need tips and tricks to get through?
Old Mar 25, 2012, 7:51 pm

Programs: United 1K, Delta 1M, Marriott Platinum
I got through to the 1K Mileage+ desk on Thursday. Hold time was about 5 minutes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.