Wiki Posts
Search

April 15th: "The Re-sweep"

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2012, 10:13 am

Programs: UA Gold-1MM, Hhonors Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold
Originally Posted by LilAbner
Just wonderin"?

Did this Extremely Helpful Agent happen to mention how this "re-sweep" would occur or from whence it would come?
When I spoke to actual Mileage Plus last week, a fairly knowledgeable CS said "if you know about a 4/15 sweeps, you know more than us". She said she thought it would be more like the end of the month before we saw fixes.

I am guessing this is going to be "fixed" in small increments, and not all at once.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Although I've not had any miles deducted, I'm missing 1,000EQMs & 2EQS for some UX flight at the beginning of the month.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by LongingForORD
When I spoke to actual Mileage Plus last week, a fairly knowledgeable CS said "if you know about a 4/15 sweeps, you know more than us". She said she thought it would be more like the end of the month before we saw fixes.
NO WAY!

I'm going with the OP & the EXTREMELY HELPFUL AGENT who said that it was going down TODAY!

Fairly Knowledgeable CS's don't no nuttin'!!!
Old Apr 15, 2012, 10:21 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Diamond, NK Gold, Mariott LT Plat/Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
I decided to call back. The agent I spoke with this time said that the 4/15 resweep did not work and that it would be another month before everything was fixed. What was more troubling with this call was that when I asked for a supervisor she told me that she was not transferring me, her supervisor could do nothing, and then she hung up. Great service.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by EWRFlyerAL
I decided to call back. The agent I spoke with this time said that the 4/15 resweep did not work and that it would be another month before everything was fixed. What was more troubling with this call was that when I asked for a supervisor she told me that she was not transferring me, her supervisor could do nothing, and then she hung up. Great service.
soooo... time for a new thread

May 15th: "The re-sweep re-sweep"

followed by June 15th: "This time its for real re-sweep"

I think I was swept sometime this week, because it finally looks good, including ON flights I was missing.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 10:29 am

Programs: UA Gold-1MM, Hhonors Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold
Originally Posted by LilAbner
Fairly Knowledgeable CS's don't no nuttin'!!!

And the Fairly Knowlegeable CS agreed with you!!

She had been with MP for +25 years, she is in Rapid City, SD (remember that address??) and she said the system does not respond to anything it used to, when they fix 1 problem, another one breaks. She did say it should not be the customers job to ensure that UA posts flights properly.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rankourabu
soooo... time for a new thread

May 15th: "The re-sweep re-sweep"

followed by June 15th: "This time its for real re-sweep".
Surely we could be more whimsical:

This one (April 15) could be called "The Phantom Re-Sweep"

May's can be "The Re-Sweep Strikes Back!"

In June, we would have "Return of the Re-Sweep!"
Old Apr 15, 2012, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by LongingForORD
And the Fairly Knowlegeable CS agreed with you!!

She had been with MP for +25 years, she is in Rapid City, SD (remember that address??) and she said the system does not respond to anything it used to, when they fix 1 problem, another one breaks. She did say it should not be the customers job to ensure that UA posts flights properly.
My post was really meant to be tongue in cheek, but it appears that nobody knows what the hell is going on, and it's not funny anymore!

MP balances weren't broken pre 3/3, however I spent over 4 hours yesterday trying to figure out where 95,000 miles went, until I finally threw the crap in the trash can.

Thanks for the heads-up! LNG4ORD
Old Apr 15, 2012, 10:43 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HHonors Diamond,PC, Marriott Rewards Gold
How about "Revenge of the Re-Sweep!

Originally Posted by kale73
Surely we could be more whimsical:

This one (April 15) could be called "The Phantom Re-Sweep"

May's can be "The Re-Sweep Strikes Back!"

In June, we would have "Return of the Re-Sweep!"
The "original" name of Return of the Re-Sweep!
Old Apr 15, 2012, 10:44 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Did it happen? Because I am still on the good side of the error
Old Apr 15, 2012, 11:41 am
Suspended

Programs: United Premier 1K, GE/Nexus, Hertz Pres Circle, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Holiday Inn Plat
No change here missing 2 segments still.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 12:10 pm

Location: DFW from PDX - UA 1K 2MM,Lifetime HHonnors Diamond, Bonvoy AMB/LT Tit, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Um ... Yeah

Went from 71,000 to 120,000 segments stayed correct at 66.5. So somehow the system gave me 50,000 PQM for no reason.

MM is now correct. Any one else?
Old Apr 15, 2012, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Alaska MVP Gold 75K, HHonors Gold, Avis Preferred
Interesting!...

My account hasn't changed, but the "My Account" website now shows separate drop-down menus where I can view my MileagePlus statements, my MileagePlus History, and my OnePass History!

Of course, none of these menus are actually working at the moment, but it looks like they're attempting to insert the capability to actually see your PMCO and PMCUA mileage histories and finally getting rid of the "3/1/12 to 3/4/12" date range issue.

Anybody else seeing this?

Is this...dare I say it...a change we might...like?!
Old Apr 15, 2012, 12:38 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by puckthescientist
Anybody else seeing this?

Is this...dare I say it...a change we might...like?!
I've had those drop-downs all along since 3/3.

They have also worked the whole time, excepting when UA.bomb has lost my cookie but doesn't prompt me to log in (this is also when the "72 hours" message someone posted about upthread shows up, so I'm suspecting that message itself is a bug and not indicative of a sweep).
Old Apr 15, 2012, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
So just got off the phone, very apologetic agent said the process didn't work but that my flights would credit tomorrow, she did mention that to get that to happen she changed the date of the flights by one day (dunno why) but that in tonights batch it would post....we'll see.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.