April 15th: "The Re-sweep"

Old Apr 14, 12, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum
got swept, two segments got swept out in the process of adding one. I was at 17.5 (should've been at 19.5), now at 15.5.

This is unacceptable. I'm tired of accepting this. As much as I dislike Delta, I'm ready to make the move.
Old Apr 14, 12, 1:19 pm

Programs: DL/UA Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Radisson Gold
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B176 Safari/7534.48.3)

For once everything in my account looks good. Lets hope it stays that way! *wink*
Old Apr 14, 12, 2:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA MM, Marriott Platinum
Mine still looks OK too! (knock on wood)
Old Apr 14, 12, 2:34 pm

Programs: UA MM
Lost miles from a Hertz rental. Small but terribly annoying. Hertz will (rightfully) say they already sent them to United. United MP will take forever to answer the phone and most likely do squat about it and not worth my time for the miles but I gotta say, this is aggravating.

Especially after battling that annoying web site for two hours last night trying to make a multicity booking work, using flights that would appear and disappear - at one point telling me there were NO flights from LAS-ORD on 8 July. Sigh.

Interestingly, at one point I ended up at a dead end where the web site said I needed to speak with someone, gave me a "talk to an agent" option, and when I clicked it and entered my phone number, a nice agent called within moments. Well I thought it was nice until she quoted the fare at $921. I was desperate, so I took it. 45 minutes later I could see the segments again, for $653.

After I was all done with that (one simple rev ticket, one rev ticket using a previously cancelled ticket, and one award ticket, all of which took 2 hours including two phone calls) I looked at the fares on B6 and I wish I had just booked with them in the first place. Next time I'll start there.
Old Apr 14, 12, 4:21 pm

Similar thing here. Went from 39.0 segments to 17.5 segments. All segments prior to 3/3/12 are missing.
Old Apr 14, 12, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum
Originally Posted by raidersfan1 View Post
Similar thing here. Went from 39.0 segments to 17.5 segments. All segments prior to 3/3/12 are missing.
That would explain the missing segments. I had two flights from 1/2 tht I credited to the old Mileage plus. Everything after that I had credited to Onepass, and is correct.

I guess I'm glad I'm not alone.
Old Apr 14, 12, 5:17 pm

Programs: DL DIAMOND, AA/US TBD
MileagePlus System Down

It appears there are some changes going on today with the MileagePlus System. After logging in:

Please note: it may take up to 72 hours for your combined award balance to display. Be assured that all award miles, Premier qualifying miles, Premier qualifying segments and upgrades in your MileagePlus account are safe as we finalize our system migration. Also, changes to your account profile are not available until the transition period is complete.
Old Apr 14, 12, 5:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by saturnsk View Post
It appears there are some changes going on today with the MileagePlus System. After logging in:

Please note: it may take up to 72 hours for your combined award balance to display. Be assured that all award miles, Premier qualifying miles, Premier qualifying segments and upgrades in your MileagePlus account are safe as we finalize our system migration. Also, changes to your account profile are not available until the transition period is complete.
"Finalize" their migration six weeks after they were supposed to have made the migration?

HAH! I'll believe it when I see it.
Old Apr 14, 12, 5:41 pm

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
Originally Posted by demosthenes1 View Post
Something is happening. My segment count just dropped by 17, which happens to be the number of PMUA segments I had pre 3-3.
Yep. Same for me. All pre 3-3 segments have gone. Something like 17 as well.
Hopefully they will sort this soon.......
Old Apr 14, 12, 5:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by WLGNZ View Post
Yep. Same for me. All pre 3-3 segments have gone. Something like 17 as well.
Hopefully they will sort this soon.......
Her'es my question: why are they even messing with pre-3/3 segments?

I know there are some issues with flights which hadn't posted pre-3/3 and which afterwards posted incorrectly (or not at all), but the vast majority of pre-3/3 activity should have been fine.
Old Apr 14, 12, 6:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by exerda View Post

I know there are some issues with flights which hadn't posted pre-3/3 and which afterwards posted incorrectly (or not at all), but the vast majority of pre-3/3 activity should have been fine.
For me, only Jan and Feb segments are gone. My 3/1 segment is still showing.
Old Apr 14, 12, 6:10 pm

Programs: AA, DL UA (.5MM)
Originally Posted by exerda View Post

Good question. I just went from 13 segments showing down to 4. The previous 9 segments from Jan & Feb were all 100% correct, including the previous Premier Exec. standard of 100% bonus miles.

My flights on 3/2 and 3/4 are both showing, but both show a bonus of 25% (instead of 50%). (I've made two phone calls with delays of 18 to 55 minutes, and three emails so far without a solution to date.) My flights on 3/23 and 3/27 are both correct, with 50% bonus on each.

It's not like my life is going to come to a screeching halt today just because the mileage is missing and/or wrong, but it's another nail in United's coffin as I continue to stop caring about my hard-earned loyalty to UA.
Old Apr 14, 12, 6:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by MPsince1984 View Post
My flights on 3/2 and 3/4 are both showing, but both show a bonus of 25% (instead of 50%).
Shouldn't your 3/2 flight bonus be at 100% from last year status? Switchover was on 3/3.
Old Apr 14, 12, 6:29 pm

Programs: UA Plat-1MM, Hhonors Gold, Marriott/SPG Gold
Good news and bad news.... all flights posted, most segements went bye bye.

2012 Premier Miles: 43,750
2012 Premier Segments: 5.5

I knew those flights felt really long.......
Old Apr 14, 12, 6:33 pm

Programs: DL/UA Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Radisson Gold
Everything still in tact here - but the Lifetime Miles grew

Search this Thread
Search Engine: