Wiki Posts
Search

April 15th: "The Re-sweep"

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2012, 11:54 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ILikeComfort
my lifetime miles changed too - except in my case they went down! there's no reason they ought to have gone down. i've only taken a handful of flights since change over, and everything was tracking okay (I think) until today.
The really disturbing thought is that a "sweep" will foul up things which were fine beforehand.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 11:54 am
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I heard that the probelm-- in this case, the call was about the dissaster that is the posting of J/C/D/Z flights upgraded to ON-- will be fixed on April 16th. I guess this is a reference to an April 15th sweep.

I had to call the (605) number to reach a MP agent stateside, because I kept getting someone in India who would ask me "my concern", look at the account and type for 3-5 minutes and then ask me what "my concern" is again. One insisted credit was given, but it just didn't show up because of a website glitch.

Also, how long are they going to have that message about waiting 48-72 hours for balances to update?
Old Apr 8, 2012, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Some re-sweep just happened on my account but not what I was expecting. My mileage went up because some of the original flights right after 3/3 that posted with the "incorrect" mileage (e.g. SEA-IAH shrunk by 5 miles to 1869 instead of 1874) were corrected to the real mileage.

-RM
Old Apr 8, 2012, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by Modern 49er
This happened to me too with an OGG-LAX ON segment--posted a few days ago, with RDM / PQM, now gone again. What???

Lifetime is messed up, *A partner flights messed up, PQM messed up....just great.

Yup, same here. It was also an OGG trip that got messed up for me. SFO-LAX-OGG, OGG-SFO were the impacted segments. The sweep posted SFO-LAX-OGG and now rescinded them. OGG-SFO never posted.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 1:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Star Gold,Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by pdxtraveller
I called for a redeposit of a RPU and GPU (from 3/27-4/4 flights)--and miles from a 3/6 flight. The RPU/GPU deposit took about 5 minutes. Then, the agent said that she was rebooking the 3/6 flight as a 3/7 flight, and that it would take about 48 hours to appear online. The next day the miles appeared online. The agent was super efficient and knowledgeable--I forgot to ask if she was a PMCO or PMUA person. The whole thing took about 10 minutes--1 minute phone wait time. No mention for the need to wait to 4/15 for a re-sweep.
That is exactly what happened when I called a month ago and made somebody fix my ON segments. My segments were flown on 3/3 and 3/5, and the agent said that she would change them to Z (which in fact, they were) but to not be alarmed that they would show up as being flown on 3/7.

The agent who fixed this for me was PMUA based in Chicago, and she was super fast, seemed to know exactly what she was doing. That said, I had another Chicago agent who handled a refund and upgrade with miles redeposit of a FF Y ticket, and that has been a total fiasco. No refund and no redeposit of my miles after 3+ weeks and I was driven to dispute the charge with Chase.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 2:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by channa
Some missing miles that posted just a couple days ago with the latest sweep are now gone again. Maybe they screwed that up too and backed it out?
Another one here. SFO-IAD RN segment on 3/22 finally posted on Friday, but is gone today. However, 1065 PQM of "non-airline activity" suddenly appeared.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 6:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Diamond, NK Gold, Mariott LT Plat/Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
UA.com Sweep Happening Now?

Lifetime miles, activity, etc. all just disappeared and there is a message saying it may take 72 hours to display. Any thoughts?
Old Apr 8, 2012, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Marriott Titanium
I am still able to access all of those items.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 6:36 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.95MM
My premier and lifetime miles, which had been screwed up for a while, showed up correctly earlier today.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 6:37 pm

Programs: United Premier Gold , Marriott Gold
No change for me.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 7:03 pm

Programs: UA 1.6MM
So last night (Saturday night), it appears that my last missing flight posted.

And amazingly it posted POSITIVE. Usually it stuff to my account posts negative and then the following night, it changes to positive.

Also, it looks like sometime between Saturday PM and now (Sunday 2156 Eastern), my lifetime miles updated. And, you know what, its CORRECT. wow

channa, I just wondering what kind of SW requirements were written for these batch jobs. My guess is that its all reactive. The analysts don't get a chance to fully analyze the system. So, they just hand off to the SW developers a mini-set of requirements to implement to just patch the pothole.

There doesn't seem to be (right now) any high-level systems architecture group that is leading any kind of managed, strategic, phased integration of these systems.

On top of this, it sounds like either the SW developers aren't empowered or providing feedback to the system architects/analysts. I think the SW developers are outsourced, so they're only doing what is required of them. The SW developers probably have a good idea how the systems work and how to make things right, but they have no incentive to do so.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 7:09 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, HHonors Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis First
It just sweeped my account

I only had incorrect lifetime that just fixed itself in the past two hours.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Totals have been fixed for miles flown.
I'm still missing flights from March. And everything from this week.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Diamond, NK Gold, Mariott LT Plat/Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
I guess it's still working on mine. Still nothing displaying.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 7:41 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by denuaflier
I only had incorrect lifetime that just fixed itself in the past two hours.
Same here. I was concerned about this, because I hadn't been tracking my lifetime miles and AFAIK there's no way to check its history - this sucks - but I was certain they were stuck.

On the other hand, a segment from Feb 05 still hasn't been posted.

BTW, forgive my stupid question, but how do I know the BIS miles for a flown segment that UA credits? Is it the great circle distance?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.