Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

FRA Lounge Access for United Club Members?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2012, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Hello,

I am a United Club member and I will be flying out of FRA on Lufthansa Economy Class. I believe I am supposed to have access to the LH Business lounge. Have people had experience with this? Does LH give you any problems? thanks

How is the business lounge? thanks.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 7:30 am

Yes, you have access. But make sure you have a valid united mileage plus card with you with higher or equal than gold status.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Rcling28
Yes, you have access. But make sure you have a valid united mileage plus card with you with higher or equal than gold status.
No, I am not a UA Gold member...I am ONLY a UA Club Member. I fell to Premier Silver this year. But I think as a UA Club member flying LH I can get into the LH business lounge right?
Old Mar 24, 2012, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
A united club card gets you into the LH business lounge (not the SEN lounge) you do not need to be *G to get in.

http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...lounge-finder/
Old Mar 24, 2012, 7:38 am

Programs: UA 1K, 3 Million Miler, Hyatt GP Diamond
No Luck

I was in Frankfurt two weeks ago and saw United Club members turned away because it is Star Gold that gets you in , not United Club.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 7:52 am

Programs: UA P1, AA, DL, CO
Unhappy FRA Lounge

To get access to the Star Alliance lounge in FRA, you must present proof of Star Alliance Gold level status via a valid frequent flyer program Star Alliance Gold level card AND a boarding pass for travel on a Star Alliance flight departing that day. You will note that your United Premier Silver card also has a Star Alliance Silver emblem on it.

Sorry
Old Mar 24, 2012, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by motintan
I was in Frankfurt two weeks ago and saw United Club members turned away because it is Star Gold that gets you in , not United Club.
thats contrary to what it says on united.com
Old Mar 24, 2012, 8:18 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Also contrary to the Star Alliance site.

http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...access-policy/

It may be that the UA Club members weren't continuing on a *A flight.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 8:20 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
You can access LH Business lounges as a UC member if you are departing on a *A flight - no other status required.

You can access LH Business and Senator lounges as a * Gold member if you are departing on a *A flight.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 8:21 am

Programs: UA1K/2MM; LT United Club; HH Diamond; MR LT Titanium; IHG Plat; National EE
I only filled in UC membership and these options came back

Last edited by wendyhamburger; Mar 24, 2012 at 8:29 am
Old Mar 24, 2012, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
They may have been directed to the Business Class lounge from the Senator one, since the new lounges at FRA often have separate entrances.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 9:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by tjamba
To get access to the Star Alliance lounge in FRA, you must present proof of Star Alliance Gold level status via a valid frequent flyer program Star Alliance Gold level card AND a boarding pass for travel on a Star Alliance flight departing that day.
Or a club membership. A *G member gets access to the SEN lounges while a UC member (also with a *A departing BP) gets in to the Biz lounges.
At which lounge? For the SEN lounges this would be correct. For the Biz or Tower lounge it would not be.

Originally Posted by colpuck
A united club card gets you into the LH business lounge (not the SEN lounge) you do not need to be *G to get in.
The one pseudo-exception is the Tower Lounge which is classified as both a SEN and a Biz lounge somehow.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12
Or a club membership. A *G member gets access to the SEN lounges while a UC member (also with a *A departing BP) gets in to the Biz lounges.
At which lounge? For the SEN lounges this would be correct. For the Biz or Tower lounge it would not be.

The one pseudo-exception is the Tower Lounge which is classified as both a SEN and a Biz lounge somehow.
is the tower lounge better than the business lounge?
Old Mar 24, 2012, 10:23 am

Programs: UA 1K, BA GGL/CCR, TK Elite Plus, Marriott Gold4Lyfe, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Tesco Blue
Tower = North American/USA flights

The Tower Lounge is no better (possibly slightly worse) than the other lounges at FRA. The Tower Lounge is now designated unofficially (though in all practicality) as the lounge for USA-bound pax. They have designated the "Z" gates for USA-bound flights, and it is from the Z gates that you access the Tower Lounge.

By the way, the Z gates are the same stands as the A gates, but you get to the aircraft from the floor above the A gates. This way they can scrutinize the USA-bound passengers separately from the rest of the A gate passengers. Some will remember when the US-bound aircraft left from the far other side of the terminal, which was, to put it mildly, inconvenient.

If you have the time and the energy for the long walk, I'd recommend the "B" lounge instead of anything over in the A/Z concourse, and if you're really up for a walk, the D lounges are the best (near FRA/LH's A380 gates).
Old Mar 24, 2012, 11:32 am

Programs: UA-1K; DL-1MM; SPG-P75; Marriot-P
I can confirm that a UA club membership (mine via the CO Presidential Platinum card) gets you into LH Business lounges. I have never used any *A status (UA nobody, SK silver) and was never asked about *A credentials. Limit is one guest.

Last edited by AM-PM-DM; Mar 24, 2012 at 12:03 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.