Wiki Posts
Search

using e cert with multi destinations

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: 2015 kettle
using e cert with multi destinations

Quick search was not a friend, older post not generating any answers......

With the new website, can we use a 016 e-cert to purchase a multi destination flight? I have a $300 voucher I'd like to use but it doesn't seem to work. Used to be that you could do it if you searched by price.
Any United Jedi knights know the scoop?
Thanks,
Mickey
Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:39 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
1) From the website: https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...offerCode.aspx

2) Check the terms and conditions. I tried using the ecert below to book an itin entered as a multi-destination filght on the website - and it would not take. When I took an offered routing the system accepted it. See below ((bolding mine):

$250 CERTIFICATE TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
United Airlines Customer Care
Goodwill Electronic Certificate
$250
Use one number to discount one new electronic certificate eligible roundtrip or one-way fare booked on united.com. You must begin your travel in the 50 United States, Puerto Rico or U.S. Virgin Islands and fly to a destination within the 50 United States, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands or Canada. See below for additional terms and conditions.

---------------------------------------------------------
Redeeming your e-certificate is fast and easy.

1. Go to united.com/shopforflights.
2. Enter your origin and destination information.
3. Select your travel dates and enter your e-certificate number.
4. Select your flights. All selected flights must be e-certificate eligible to receive your discount.
5. Choose your seat and purchase your flight.
Offer details:

NOTE: Not all flights are eligible for an electronic certificate discount. In some instances, flights or fares that are not electronic certificate eligible may be otherwise discounted or may in any event be less expensive than the electronic eligible flights.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
We are not yet able to redeem paper certificates, coupons or vouchers at united.com. Please contact customer support at 1-800-589-5582 with any questions concerning paper or electronic certificates.

You may redeem this electronic certificate on united.com only. Discount only applies when ticket is purchased on united.com using the certificate number and a credit card that has a valid U.S. billing address. Electronic certificates cannot be redeemed by calling United Airlines or your travel professional.

-----------------------------------------------------
TERMS and CONDITIONS:
TICKETING:

Permitted Travel Area: You must begin your travel in the 50 United States, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, and fly to a destination within the 50 United States, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands or Canada

Discount Amount: $250 off a qualifying itinerary purchased at United.com. The discount applies only to the base fare, and not to any taxes, fees or surcharges, including, but not limited to Passenger Facility Charges (PFCs), departure and arrival taxes and carrier-imposed surcharges. The total price shown on United.com for qualifying itineraries will comprise the discounted base fare and all applicable taxes, fees and surcharges.

Eligibility Restrictions: This discount may only be applied to the purchase of one new ticket and may not be applied to a previously issued ticket.

Valid Carrier: United, United Express® operated flights; It is not valid on flights operated by other airlines, such as United-Marketed code share and Star Alliance Flights.

Ticketing Dates: valid for 1 year from the date of this letter

Travel Dates: valid for 1 year from the date of this letter

Blackout Dates: none

Advance Purchase: per rule of fare purchased

Min/Max Stay Requirements: Per rule of fare purchased

Valid Routing: Roundtrip or One way only. Circle trips, or trips with multi-city itineraries are not permitted. You must follow a permitted routing.
Stopovers: Not permitted.

Qualifying Fares: This discount may be used on any published United First® class, United Business® class or United Economy® class fares.

Additional Taxes and Fees: All taxes, fees and carrier imposed surcharges are additional.

Restricted Fares: This discount may not be used on the following fares: companion, travel industry, G class, contract, bulk, convention, tour conductor, children, family plan, government, group, military, senior citizen, student, youth, infant, tour basing, Round the World, Circle the Pacific, Visit USA, or any non-published fares. The discount certificate is not valid and does not apply if the discount amount equals or exceeds the base fare amount, therefore, the discount certificate will never be greater than the base fare and a residual value will not apply.

Fare Rules: All rules of the fare purchased apply. Reservations and ticket purchases on United.com must be completed simultaneously. The published fare you qualify for depends on what class of service is available on the days you travel. Not all flights are eligible for an e-certificate discount. In some instances you may find flights that are not e-certificate eligible because they have already been discounted, and are less expensive than the e-certificate eligible flights.

Combinability: Not combinable with any other discount offers.

Maximum number of users per certificate: One.

Maximum number of passengers per itinerary: One

Ticketing: You may redeem this e-certificate on United.com. only. Discount only applies when ticket is purchased within the 50 United States, Puerto Rico, or U.S. Virgin Islands. Discount only applies when ticket is purchased on united.com using the certificate number and a credit card that has a valid U.S. billing address. All dollar levels are stated in U.S. Currency. Electronic certificates cannot be redeemed by calling United Airlines or your travel professional.

Residual Value of Certificate/Discount: The discount certificate is not valid and does not apply if the discount amount equals or exceeds the base fare amount, therefore, the discount certificate will never be greater than the base fare and a residual value will not apply

Mileage Plus® Accrual: Permitted.

Upgrades: To determine if the fare purchased with this discount allows the use of an upgrade certificate refer to the terms, conditions and booking class restrictions associated with the upgrade type you are using.

Changes: Rules of the fare determine if changes are permitted. If changes are allowed, there may be service charges and fees associated with a change. You will receive the value of the discounted ticket, less any of the aforementioned service charges and/or fees, towards the purchase of a new ticket.

Refunds: This discount is non-refundable, once used the discount will not be reissued for future use. Any refund due is based on the amount actually paid, minus any service fees. The discount may not be applied toward the purchase of another ticket when exchanging or refunding your original ticket, except when the original ticket qualifies for a reduced fare (guaranteed airfare rule applies). Check with United.

Denied Boarding Compensation: Permitted

Transfer of certificate: This certificate is transferable, but void if sold or bartered. Other restrictions may apply.

Important Notes: The certificate has no cash value and may not be altered, duplicated, sold or bartered. If lost, stolen, expired or destroyed certificates will not be replaced. Only one discount certificate, discount voucher or discount is permitted per ticket. Offer subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.

Processing Information:
Agencies See: S*PMA/WEBDOLLAR
UA Representatives See: S*PMO/WEBDOLLAR
FastTech: Profile Code: PMO Name: WebDollar
Tic Codes: WEB425
Copyright 2002 United Airlines, Inc. All rights reserved.

United Airlines Customer Care

SunLover
Old Mar 22, 2012, 6:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 2015 kettle
What do you mean by an offered routing? FYI I'd like to do
Ord-EWR-las-ord ......
Old Mar 22, 2012, 6:50 pm

Location: Sandpoint,Idaho- previously- Colorado, NYC, New England, SC
Programs: United Millionmiler 1/Star Alliance Gold, National Emerald Executive for Life, Best Western Platinum
highly restrictive terms on United ecerts

Today I emailed United about that- we shall see-
1) no multicities allowed
2) only certain flights take the certs
3)only usable on United.com-
ALL of these are highly restrictive and seemingly not necessary.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 4:09 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Originally Posted by mickeydfly13
What do you mean by an offered routing? FYI I'd like to do
Ord-EWR-las-ord ......
What I meant was a routing that is offered on .com when you enter your origin and destination only. I tried ORD-LAS for example - and besides the direct flights I got connections thru IAH, LAX and DEN.

Why do you want to route thru EWR? Earning miles, long stopover, or to sync up with a EWR-LAS flyer? It might be mission difficult to apply the e-cert to this itinerary.

SunLover

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.