Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1K on PS flight with B fare -- upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2012, 12:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Accor Plat, Htz PC, Natl ExEm, other random status
Timely post.

I just went through this yesterday booking SFO-JFK for next week. For a variety of reasons, I wound up booking SFO-JFK/EWR-SFO. I have some expiring SWU's, so I'm using one on the SFO-JFK leg (which has not yet cleared).

On the return from EWR, my travel agent wasn't able to book the instant upgrade from B on their system. Travel agent very frustrated, because this used to not be a problem pre-3/3. This despite consulting with UA's "Executive" desk (incidentally in Houston). I had to do it myself on the website.

Greg
Old Apr 5, 2012, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, airline free agent
OP here to complete my narrative. Went on ual.com to check on my upgrade using a CR1. I had noticed on ExpertFlyer that PN = 9. And though I knew R and PN are not related, I figured I'd check if there was anything there.

So I click on the "Pay for upgrade" option (since that is that PN is about) and lo and behold, I get an offer to upgrade... $1.

Now I did pay a significant amount for my B-fare economy seat, but still. So I paid my $1 and am now booked in C class. Also, I promptly removed my CR1 upgrade request.

Error, luck, or the way it should be?

Last edited by HSaxa; Apr 5, 2012 at 4:09 pm Reason: clarity of story
Old Apr 5, 2012, 4:03 pm

Programs: UA1K 2MM and more
RE: OP's $1 upgrade

All I can say is what the ...

Last edited by dawg1k; Apr 5, 2012 at 4:03 pm Reason: Clarity

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.