Please Post CPU Upgrades Post 3/21/12

Old Mar 22, 12, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K
Please Post CPU Upgrades Post 3/21/12

After Reading "Wow, they're sure selling a lot of upgrades" every day, I am really starting to feel that UA is lying to me saying that Elites not getting upgraded is a glitch. Maybe I am just reading about the few problems, and not all the upgrades that are (hopefully) going through. Obviously it is understandable to sell upgrades, but not for Tens of dollars (TODS).
I don't expect upgrades, but I almost always get them. If on my next flight I don't get the upgrade at all in the round trip, I think it will be time to send in my card (with the cool packaging) and tell Smisek to stick it, along (with my loyalty) in the trash, where it belongs. I am loyal to a fault and send a lot of business UA's way, but if I am truly being lied to then I am going.

Please post the following:

Elite Status:
Upgrade Time or if not upgraded
Fare Class if you know it
Notes: For example, if you were #1 on list with 5 empty seats, but at Gate, somehow you didn't get upgrade.

Post additional stuff if you want, but I think the main concern is to see if CPUs are working.

*Also Note: Some people may have forgotten about posting to www.udustats.com. For you PMCO people, this is a great tracking website that goes into more detail about tracking specific flights, routes, etc. So be sure to post your stats to www.udustats.com. Thanks

Last edited by mkrecek; Mar 22, 12 at 10:53 am Reason: grammer
Old Mar 22, 12, 11:27 am

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Silver (1MM), Marriott LT Titanium
Sorry but this DOES NOT need yet another thread. There are a ton of them already.

-RM
Old Mar 22, 12, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K
Originally Posted by RobOnLI View Post
Sorry but this DOES NOT need yet another thread. There are a ton of them already.

-RM
Moderators, please move this if needed, but so far in all the other threads that I've read, all I hear about is people not getting their upgrades, and hardly anyp people posting that they got theirs. Based on this info it appears that very few people are getting upgraded, and there are a lot of people wondering if they should stay loyal to UA. There are pre merger threads on this, and there is UDUstats.com, but few PMCO know about this, and there is hardly anything posted there post 3/3.
Old Mar 22, 12, 12:23 pm

The fact that every one of UA Insider's brilliant insights into the supposed working of the system have been disproved by actual facts should tell you that UA is simply lying to us
Old Mar 22, 12, 12:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, once-upon-a-time NW Gold, BMI Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
In the UDU era, I was at about 95-97% UDU UG rate out of DEN, mostly on leisure fares and weekend travel. I am expecting that to be cut in half. Or worse.
Old Mar 22, 12, 12:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA PLT, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by malgudi View Post
The fact that every one of UA Insider's brilliant insights into the supposed working of the system have been disproved by actual facts should tell you that UA is simply lying to us
Exactly right.

UA as a company hasn't mentioned this at all and the silence is deafening, even here on FT.

This was the intended policy, having software that does not process CPUs, but will process certificates/miles/etc was what COdbaUA wanted.

The upgrade situation is a black box that folks do not have insight into and the ToD upgrades that are supposedly a 'bug' are done on purpose as well.

Expect more of the same from 'the biggest airline in the world'...

-jeremy

Search this Thread