Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Questions about PlusPoints deposit/posting (regular,end of the year & MMer){Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 28, 2023, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This thread is about the deposit / posting of PlusPoints (previously RPUs/GPUs) upon meeting the criteria for earning these certs.
- You will need to have earned and have had posted the needed PQPs/PQFs PQMs
- You will need to have 4 UA operated segments or have a waiver (MP PresPlus or MP Club primary credit cardholders) -
- You will need to have met the required PQD levels or have a waiver ( Non-USA MP account address or credit spend waiver {only for Plat or lower}

NOTE in 2020 UA will be using a different set of elite qualification criteria -- PQF / PQP -- see New Premier Qualification Requirements for 2020: Only Spend or Spend + Flight Sectors
Then it will take hours or a few days (generally 2-3 but occasionally to a week)
There have been occasionally longer delays at the very end / beginning of the year.
Posting of MMer PlusPoints certs can take a week or two after the beginning of the year.

Archive: Questions about PlusPoints deposit/posting (regular,end of the year & MMer){Archive}

Print Wikipost

Questions about PlusPoints deposit/posting (regular,end of the year & MMer){Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2018, 10:12 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by hokiebuy
How long does it take for RPUs and GPUs to post? I made Platinum about 2 days ago and still no RPUs on my account. Also, do you get kits mailed automatically after becoming Platinum? I don’t see an option to request one. I had an option to request tags when I made UA Gold.
It takes a couple of days or so. If you don't get your RPU after three days may want to call.

The kits are supposed to get mailed automatically. A few years ago I made Plat and later in the year 1K. Despite several calls never did get my 1K kit for that year
Old Dec 5, 2018, 12:37 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by hokiebuy
How long does it take for RPUs and GPUs to post? I made Platinum about 2 days ago and still no RPUs on my account. Also, do you get kits mailed automatically after becoming Platinum? I don’t see an option to request one. I had an option to request tags when I made UA Gold.
Give the RPUs a few more days, 2 -3 days is common but a week should be the max.

Kits are sent automatically but given we are in December, UA may have stopped sending 2018 kits (it takes 4-6 weeks normally) and will be transitioning to 2019 kits -- so late January is when I would expect the Plat kit.

Your virtual card should have updated already. And if you got a physical Gold card, you can continue to use it in the meantime
Old Dec 5, 2018, 7:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I was told it would take a few days to receive my GPUs, then I was told they only do it on the weekends. On Monday I was told it could take up to 10 days. Its now Day 11 and nothin’. Extremly annoying as I watched the flight I wanted to book go from PZ6 to zero.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 9:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Amex Plat, UA Club Card, National EE, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Give the RPUs a few more days, 2 -3 days is common but a week should be the max.

Kits are sent automatically but given we are in December, UA may have stopped sending 2018 kits (it takes 4-6 weeks normally) and will be transitioning to 2019 kits -- so late January is when I would expect the Plat kit.

Your virtual card should have updated already. And if you got a physical Gold card, you can continue to use it in the meantime
Took exactly 3 days.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 1:37 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by chavala
I was told it would take a few days to receive my GPUs, then I was told they only do it on the weekends. On Monday I was told it could take up to 10 days. Its now Day 11 and nothin’. Extremly annoying as I watched the flight I wanted to book go from PZ6 to zero.
You are right that that is beyond annoying. My wife checked her status yesterday at 4:00 PM and it had changed to 1K (from a flight on Monday). She just checked again and the 6 GPUs and 2 RPUs are already posted into her account.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 8:42 am

Programs: UA 1K | MR Platinum
Well this is bizarre. Qualified for 1K on Tuesday, logged in to my account today to see this...I applied 2 RPUs this morning, but it seems they were redeemed and re-deposited...twice? So I still have 4 RPUs and 6 GPUs in my account despite 2 legs with applied instruments.

Old Dec 8, 2018, 9:41 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
For anyone who has waited what seemed like too long for their GPUs to be deposited, don't take any BS from 1kvoice emails or agents until they get to the root of the problem.
My clue was when I looked on MyStatus this morning and didn't have the "letter from Oscar" or any acknowledgment on becoming 1K, even though my account shows well over 100,000 PQMs and +$12,000 PQDs.
I called MP -- got the same old BS again: "oh sometimes it takes longer, blah blah blah", but I insisted she check into it and I'm not hanging up until she does.
Sure enough, there was a problem with their system because of some "manual correction" they had to make!
I was told it will probably take another week to have them deposited, but if I see a flight I want to book I can call MP and they will "loan" me a couple GPUs.
LOL, I can just imagine that conversation and how many HUCAs it will take.
Right. I'll take a pass on that headache.

Rant over, but damn I am annoyed after 2 emails and 2 phone calls nobody caught this until now. It's been nearly two weeks as I watched the PZs sink to zero on the flights I want.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 11:58 pm

Slightly different question about RE-deposit. I had applied a GPU (waitlisted) and subsequently called 1K line to cancel it. How long does it take for the GPU to appear back in my account? It's been 3 business days so far with my balance still showing as -1
Old Dec 21, 2018, 7:26 am
formerly skyccord

Programs: United Premier Platinum, Hertz President Circle, Marriott/SPG Premier Plat Elite, Avis Preferred
Question, if you fly 75k and then get to 100k but don't hit 1k status for whatever reason, do you still get an additional 2 RPU ou you have to qualify for 1K?
Old Dec 21, 2018, 7:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by skyccord
Question, if you fly 75k and then get to 100k but don't hit 1k status for whatever reason, do you still get an additional 2 RPU ou you have to qualify for 1K?
You don't get anything unless you meet the requirements for 1K.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 10:04 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K United 1K
Requalified for 1K on dec 30 2018 miles have posted but no GPU as of Jan 4
Should it have happened by now?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 4, 2019 at 11:47 pm Reason: moved to existing thread
Old Jan 4, 2019, 11:12 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by boycruz
Requalified for 1K on dec 30 2018 miles have posted but no GPU as of Jan 4
Should it have happened by now?
Like you, my 1K-qualifying flight was on Dec. 30, PQMs posted a couple days ago, but no GPUs yet.

Th[is] thread's wiki quotes "a few days (generally 2-3 but occasionally to a week)" but also that "There have been occasionally longer delays at the very end / beginning of the year."

Given that we may be jumping the gun slightly

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 4, 2019 at 11:50 pm Reason: cleanup after merge
Old Jan 6, 2019, 6:09 pm

Programs: 1k MM, Hyatt Diamond,Marriott Gold, IHG Sphire, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Carson Gold
ReQualified for 1K 12-30 still no GPU

No GPU's added in account yet. Is that normal?
Old Jan 6, 2019, 6:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Should have posted within a day or two. But it was either last year or the year before, many who requalified the second half of December had to wait weeks and weeks.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 7:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, DL PM/1MM, Marriott Amb/LT Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Priority Club Platinum, Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by 1fan
No GPU's added in account yet. Is that normal?
I don't have mine yet either. Also qualified on 12/30. Even more strange...if I go to mystatus.united.com, it just let's me know how to access my digital card. No mention of my 2019 elite package at all much less it being in process. I want my coasters since I missed out on the last year!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.