Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Unbelievable - Received eCert for Continental After 3/3 System Integration

Old Mar 21, 12, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

Sent an e-mail to customer service about the poor service since the merger. They were nice enough to send a $100 voucher to be used within a year on CONTINENTAL. It specifies valid on Continental and has a Continental ticket number to be used for the credit.

Really??!!

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Mar 21, 12 at 8:29 pm Reason: really, really vague thread title
Old Mar 21, 12, 7:47 pm

Programs: US CP; Marriott Silver; SPG Gold; PC Platinum
How long was the turn around? I sent in a complaint for 3 straight weeks of delays and haven't heard anything. Sent it on Friday.
Old Mar 21, 12, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by allinone View Post
Sent an e-mail to customer service about the poor service since the merger. They were nice enough to send a $100 voucher to be used within a year on CONTINENTAL. It specifies valid on Continental and has a Continental ticket number to be used for the credit.

Really??!!
That is so pathetic. But so not surprising.
Old Mar 21, 12, 8:02 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus Premier
You got more than I did. It took about a month to get a reply and the reply basicly said that I should use my hat for a toilet and then place it firmly on my head....and oh, they were sorry I was unhappy with the rotten service and benefit cuts. Made me really wish I had not booked 4 other trips before all of the changes came into effect. Hmmm, maybe my complaints are the reason I never got my new card or all of the miles from my last trip two weeks ago.....CO customer service is gone, long gone. I keep looking for Frank Lorenzo to re-appear any day now.
Old Mar 21, 12, 8:04 pm
Original Poster

It was sent on March 12 to UNITED and they send a voucher valid on Continental. Just boggles one's mind...
Old Mar 21, 12, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Gold, Amex Plat
wow, you actually got a reply? That's crazy talk! Never mind the $100 CO voucher, but getting a reply is the unbelievable thing. I have 6-7 requests going for 1-3 weeks now and no reply on any of them. Wrong mileage credits, wrong paid upgrade processing (where is my refund!!!), PMUA mileage retro-credits etc. etc. Last attempt to call them about some of the issues resulted in > 45 minute wait time.
Old Mar 21, 12, 8:09 pm
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
Silly of them not to have fixed it, but I'm sure low on their priority list now.

No need for indignation, just send a message back asking them to replace it or clarification that it'll work on New United....
Old Mar 21, 12, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer View Post
wow, you actually got a reply? That's crazy talk! Never mind the $100 CO voucher, but getting a reply is the unbelievable thing. I have 6-7 requests going for 1-3 weeks now and no reply on any of them. Wrong mileage credits, wrong paid upgrade processing (where is my refund!!!), PMUA mileage retro-credits etc. etc. Last attempt to call them about some of the issues resulted in > 45 minute wait time.
Do you have a spreadsheet to keep track of all this?
It's sad that might even be necessary.
Old Mar 21, 12, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by allinone View Post
It was sent on March 12 to UNITED and they send a voucher valid on Continental. Just boggles one's mind...
why a bunch of us have been saying all along its CO d/b/a United , this simply proves it

Im amazed they sent you anything except telling you as they have for yrs Go poiund sand
Old Mar 21, 12, 9:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I'm completely shocked that they sent you a voucher valid for travel on the company you're planning to use it on anyways.
Old Mar 21, 12, 9:33 pm

Programs: ex-Con *Gold (earned)
While I wish the merged company would have chosen to retain the Continental name, I fully understand why they went with United. Using up the remaining stock of Continental eCerts is probably part of EcoSkies.
Old Mar 21, 12, 11:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2006-2013
I dunno...I wouldn't get that worked up about a simple "search and replace" issue in the merge.

Obviously, should be correct, but seems like there are a lot bigger fish to fry...not to mention no need to get bent out of shape about such a thing.

I'm sure they'll honor it...
Old Mar 21, 12, 11:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold, UA LT 1K, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
I am guessing 005 ticket stock remains until March 3, 2013. But you usually have 1 year to use the ceritificate - so it might expire 3/3/13.

BTW - My CO Presidential Plus MC was just renewed 3 weeks after 3/3/12 and it is still a CO credit card through 2015. The CO name goes on !

Search this Thread