FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Unbelievable - Received eCert for Continental After 3/3 System Integration (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1327505-unbelievable-received-ecert-continental-after-3-3-system-integration.html)

allinone Mar 21, 12 7:43 pm

Unbelievable - Received eCert for Continental After 3/3 System Integration
 
Sent an e-mail to customer service about the poor service since the merger. They were nice enough to send a $100 voucher to be used within a year on CONTINENTAL. It specifies valid on Continental and has a Continental ticket number to be used for the credit.

Really??!!

tombyron Mar 21, 12 7:47 pm

How long was the turn around? I sent in a complaint for 3 straight weeks of delays and haven't heard anything. Sent it on Friday.

aluminumdriver Mar 21, 12 7:52 pm


Originally Posted by allinone (Post 18247897)
Sent an e-mail to customer service about the poor service since the merger. They were nice enough to send a $100 voucher to be used within a year on CONTINENTAL. It specifies valid on Continental and has a Continental ticket number to be used for the credit.

Really??!!

That is so pathetic. But so not surprising. :rolleyes:

gene2632 Mar 21, 12 8:02 pm

You got more than I did. It took about a month to get a reply and the reply basicly said that I should use my hat for a toilet and then place it firmly on my head....and oh, they were sorry I was unhappy with the rotten service and benefit cuts. Made me really wish I had not booked 4 other trips before all of the changes came into effect. Hmmm, maybe my complaints are the reason I never got my new card or all of the miles from my last trip two weeks ago.....CO customer service is gone, long gone. I keep looking for Frank Lorenzo to re-appear any day now.

allinone Mar 21, 12 8:04 pm

It was sent on March 12 to UNITED and they send a voucher valid on Continental. Just boggles one's mind...

cfischer Mar 21, 12 8:06 pm

wow, you actually got a reply? That's crazy talk! Never mind the $100 CO voucher, but getting a reply is the unbelievable thing. I have 6-7 requests going for 1-3 weeks now and no reply on any of them. Wrong mileage credits, wrong paid upgrade processing (where is my refund!!!), PMUA mileage retro-credits etc. etc. Last attempt to call them about some of the issues resulted in > 45 minute wait time.

TA Mar 21, 12 8:09 pm

Silly of them not to have fixed it, but I'm sure low on their priority list now.

No need for indignation, just send a message back asking them to replace it or clarification that it'll work on New United....

DBCme Mar 21, 12 8:13 pm


Originally Posted by cfischer (Post 18248031)
wow, you actually got a reply? That's crazy talk! Never mind the $100 CO voucher, but getting a reply is the unbelievable thing. I have 6-7 requests going for 1-3 weeks now and no reply on any of them. Wrong mileage credits, wrong paid upgrade processing (where is my refund!!!), PMUA mileage retro-credits etc. etc. Last attempt to call them about some of the issues resulted in > 45 minute wait time.

Do you have a spreadsheet to keep track of all this?
It's sad that might even be necessary.

craz Mar 21, 12 8:21 pm


Originally Posted by allinone (Post 18248014)
It was sent on March 12 to UNITED and they send a voucher valid on Continental. Just boggles one's mind...

why a bunch of us have been saying all along its CO d/b/a United , this simply proves it

Im amazed they sent you anything except telling you as they have for yrs Go poiund sand

sbm12 Mar 21, 12 9:22 pm

I'm completely shocked that they sent you a voucher valid for travel on the company you're planning to use it on anyways. :rolleyes:

kale73 Mar 21, 12 9:33 pm

While I wish the merged company would have chosen to retain the Continental name, I fully understand why they went with United. Using up the remaining stock of Continental eCerts is probably part of EcoSkies.

johnmont Mar 21, 12 11:07 pm

I dunno...I wouldn't get that worked up about a simple "search and replace" issue in the merge.

Obviously, should be correct, but seems like there are a lot bigger fish to fry...not to mention no need to get bent out of shape about such a thing.

I'm sure they'll honor it...

cova Mar 21, 12 11:33 pm

I am guessing 005 ticket stock remains until March 3, 2013. But you usually have 1 year to use the ceritificate - so it might expire 3/3/13.

BTW - My CO Presidential Plus MC was just renewed 3 weeks after 3/3/12 and it is still a CO credit card through 2015. The CO name goes on !


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 3:18 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.