FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Unbelievable - Received eCert for Continental After 3/3 System Integration (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1327505-unbelievable-received-ecert-continental-after-3-3-system-integration.html)

allinone Mar 21, 12 7:43 pm

Unbelievable - Received eCert for Continental After 3/3 System Integration

Sent an e-mail to customer service about the poor service since the merger. They were nice enough to send a $100 voucher to be used within a year on CONTINENTAL. It specifies valid on Continental and has a Continental ticket number to be used for the credit.

Really??!!

tombyron Mar 21, 12 7:47 pm

How long was the turn around? I sent in a complaint for 3 straight weeks of delays and haven't heard anything. Sent it on Friday.

aluminumdriver Mar 21, 12 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by allinone (Post 18247897)
Sent an e-mail to customer service about the poor service since the merger. They were nice enough to send a $100 voucher to be used within a year on CONTINENTAL. It specifies valid on Continental and has a Continental ticket number to be used for the credit.

Really??!!

That is so pathetic. But so not surprising. :rolleyes:

gene2632 Mar 21, 12 8:02 pm

You got more than I did. It took about a month to get a reply and the reply basicly said that I should use my hat for a toilet and then place it firmly on my head....and oh, they were sorry I was unhappy with the rotten service and benefit cuts. Made me really wish I had not booked 4 other trips before all of the changes came into effect. Hmmm, maybe my complaints are the reason I never got my new card or all of the miles from my last trip two weeks ago.....CO customer service is gone, long gone. I keep looking for Frank Lorenzo to re-appear any day now.

allinone Mar 21, 12 8:04 pm

It was sent on March 12 to UNITED and they send a voucher valid on Continental. Just boggles one's mind...

cfischer Mar 21, 12 8:06 pm

wow, you actually got a reply? That's crazy talk! Never mind the $100 CO voucher, but getting a reply is the unbelievable thing. I have 6-7 requests going for 1-3 weeks now and no reply on any of them. Wrong mileage credits, wrong paid upgrade processing (where is my refund!!!), PMUA mileage retro-credits etc. etc. Last attempt to call them about some of the issues resulted in > 45 minute wait time.

TA Mar 21, 12 8:09 pm

Silly of them not to have fixed it, but I'm sure low on their priority list now.

No need for indignation, just send a message back asking them to replace it or clarification that it'll work on New United....

DBCme Mar 21, 12 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer (Post 18248031)
wow, you actually got a reply? That's crazy talk! Never mind the $100 CO voucher, but getting a reply is the unbelievable thing. I have 6-7 requests going for 1-3 weeks now and no reply on any of them. Wrong mileage credits, wrong paid upgrade processing (where is my refund!!!), PMUA mileage retro-credits etc. etc. Last attempt to call them about some of the issues resulted in > 45 minute wait time.

Do you have a spreadsheet to keep track of all this?
It's sad that might even be necessary.

craz Mar 21, 12 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by allinone (Post 18248014)
It was sent on March 12 to UNITED and they send a voucher valid on Continental. Just boggles one's mind...

why a bunch of us have been saying all along its CO d/b/a United , this simply proves it

Im amazed they sent you anything except telling you as they have for yrs Go poiund sand

sbm12 Mar 21, 12 9:22 pm

I'm completely shocked that they sent you a voucher valid for travel on the company you're planning to use it on anyways. :rolleyes:

kale73 Mar 21, 12 9:33 pm

While I wish the merged company would have chosen to retain the Continental name, I fully understand why they went with United. Using up the remaining stock of Continental eCerts is probably part of EcoSkies.

johnmont Mar 21, 12 11:07 pm

I dunno...I wouldn't get that worked up about a simple "search and replace" issue in the merge.

Obviously, should be correct, but seems like there are a lot bigger fish to fry...not to mention no need to get bent out of shape about such a thing.

I'm sure they'll honor it...

cova Mar 21, 12 11:33 pm

I am guessing 005 ticket stock remains until March 3, 2013. But you usually have 1 year to use the ceritificate - so it might expire 3/3/13.

BTW - My CO Presidential Plus MC was just renewed 3 weeks after 3/3/12 and it is still a CO credit card through 2015. The CO name goes on !