Community
Wiki Posts
Search

21/22 March - United.com down?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2012, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
It was down for > 1 hour for me a few days ago. Really surprising they can't even keep the webpage running. I guess things are still not going very well.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 8:32 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Not much is working for me.

United.ca redirects to nothing (Safari)

United.com is OK, but when searching for a fare I get the dreaded:

"Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Reference #7.b6e31d48.1332383361.0"

So.......

What should I try? Searching on United.com using a US Proxy server? Seems a long about way to just get a fare quote.

Trying to check-in a friend earlier on today was a nightmare, and never actually achieved.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 9:14 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Lost customers/sales

Tried another browser (firefox) and a proxy website that makes me look like I am in the US (none of which I should need to do), and still, I get the silly "can't open page" and "Bad Request" errors.

Oh well.

Between AC and its labour disputes and UA/CO website conflicts, *A in North America looks pretty shabby.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by DavidYYC
Not much is working for me.

United.ca redirects to nothing (Safari)

United.com is OK, but when searching for a fare I get the dreaded:

"Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Reference #7.b6e31d48.1332383361.0"

So.......

What should I try? Searching on United.com using a US Proxy server? Seems a long about way to just get a fare quote.

Trying to check-in a friend earlier on today was a nightmare, and never actually achieved.

Can't even get onto United.com because it automatically redirects me to United.ca which in turn cascades into several more redirections until I get the final screen message that says it cannot access any UA sites. Tried both Safari and Firefox on my Air and desktop Macs. Have had no problems using the iPod/iPhone/iPad app but it has limited capabilities. Friends with IE on PCs can't access it up here either.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 11:29 pm

Programs: UA MM, Hilton Diamond
still not working in Germany
Old Mar 22, 2012, 2:28 am

Programs: UA Plat, IHG Spire
None of the following have been working for me for the past 18 hours:-
united.com
continental.com
unitedairlines.co.uk

Having read through this thread, tried pss.united.com and it worked a dream.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 3:31 am

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by allenkeys
united.com
continental.com
unitedairlines.co.uk

I had exactly the same issue and the pss.united.com is the only one that now works for me (Had tried IE and Firefox).

I'm getting used to United taking the pss but I never expected them to add the pss
Old Mar 22, 2012, 3:32 am

Programs: MVP G, UA G, American AAdvantage 1MM
www.united.com redirecting to www.unitedairlines.co.uk and failing here in the UK.

pss.united.com is working

Im tiring very quickly of this whole merger with some of my RPU's still missing since March 3rd. United'stransatlantic fares are'nt the most competitive either these days which begs the question "how long should I hold on for?".
Old Mar 22, 2012, 3:50 am

Programs: United 1k, SPG Plat & Ambassador, ClubCarlson Concierge
Redirected to a down unitedairlines.co.uk/

Recently relocated to London. Since March 3rd united.com has worked fine. Last night it started to redirect to the http://www.unitedairlines.co.uk/ URL after you attempt to log in to your MP account. Everything goes back to working just fine when i connect to my USA VPN.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Mar 22, 2012 at 3:54 am Reason: moved into existing thread
Old Mar 22, 2012, 4:00 am

Programs: CO gold
Originally Posted by allenkeys
united.com
continental.com
unitedairlines.co.uk

Same from Germany, thanks for the hint.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 4:37 am

Programs: Route Inn Super Mega Ultra Plataimond, Fee-Paying Customer of JL, NH, LH, OneWorld Boarding Group 5
pss.united.com worked for me.

Also, mobile.united.com worked from IE.

.bomb is still down though.

Some good news: My LH flights from mid-Feb finally posted.... with 100% bonus miles. I thought *A partner miles were also subject to the bonus miles reduction for Golds/1P? Perhaps this outage was part of a software update and resulted in my flights finally posting.

Last edited by keihin_242; Mar 22, 2012 at 5:18 am
Old Mar 22, 2012, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Still not working from the UK. Only CO, with its small town America mentality, could manage to reduce the world wide web to the 50 states only web.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Website Check in Problems

Is anyone else having problems checking in for flights today? .bomb (it is really deserving of this again) is saying that my GRB-ORD-PWM flight is not eligible for online check in because it is an international flight.

I know Maine boarders Canada more than it does the US, but it doesn't make it an international flight.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 8:41 am

Programs: UA Plat, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
Still not working from the UK. Only CO, with its small town America mentality, could manage to reduce the world wide web to the 50 states only web.
Also, since integration when I call the Premier Line (00 800 xx to US) the automated reception, after asking for your MP no. then asks for 'your 5 digit zip code'. I live in the UK, I don't have a zip code! Tried my UK post code without joy. It asks 3 times before it gives up and puts you into the queue.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 10:54 am

Programs: UA Global Services and 3MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond/Marriott Titanium Ambassador, Hertz PC
UA Website - Accessing Account - Times Out

Today everytime I try to login to my account, the little plane, car, and hotel bed keeps spining, and spinning, and then times out. Perhaps they are doing some IT mess clean up running jobs? Who knows... Anyone else having issues accessing account? Mobile site seems fine...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.