Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA cancelling paid for reservations without notice

UA cancelling paid for reservations without notice

Old Mar 21, 2012, 7:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Star Gold,Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by sxf24
It doesn't sound like this passenger would qualify to sit in an exit row.
Whoops I meant to say E+!

Originally Posted by mre5765
Whenever someone on an upgrade gets bumped from C or F, we are told by apologists, if you want to sit in C or F, pay for C or F.

Well, this woman paid for E+. So what's your excuse?
I didn't see any posts in which anyone said that the E+ extra charge shouldn't be refunded. Posters were talking about the contract of carriage not being violated. They did give her a seat, just not E+, so probably no CoC violation.

For the record, I think that they should refund the E+ upsell if they can't provide it now.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Mar 21, 2012 at 8:28 pm Reason: merge
Old Mar 29, 2012, 2:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United, BA, FlyingBLue, AA
No resolution, but an end to the story:

It is true that Flight 1136 from SFO-EWR is a 737-800, a PMCO plane with very few E+ seats; however it was a bulkhead seat that was paid for and subsequently taken away without notification. Thank you to those who recommended finding a sympathetic ticket agent, rather than following the reservation agent’s claim that only the gate agent can make a seat change on a 100% full flight T-24. With the standard chaos of SFO check-in, exacerbated by abandoned curb-side check-in stations, I found a ticket agent who was on break that was willing to take some action. She was able to change the seat assignment to a better E-seat (but not E+) and call for the reserved wheel chair assistance. She was able to get me a gate pass, that allowed me to accompany her to the gate. It should be noted that every ground personnel I have had interactions with recently have apologized for screw ups like these and have complained about the new restrictions imposed on them by managers, preventing them from providing the service that we have been accustomed to pre-merger. Obtaining a refund for the premium seat charge, at least, is in the works - well' see how long that takes.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Glad to hear it sort of worked out, but too bad you had to hassle with this so much along the way.

I've been impressed by how well UA personnel have handled the additional stress and challenges in the wake of March 3rd.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 2:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Star Gold,Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Great news. SFO can be a PITA if you're by yourself and able-bodied. I'm glad that someone was able to help you and your mom.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 3:36 pm

Programs: UA-Plat AS-MVPG
I hate talking with call centers in India, I have had them flat out lie to me to get me off the phone quicker.

"We are refunding your credit card sir." Get the bill a few weeks later, charge still on there. (this was FTD for what it is worth though)
Old Mar 29, 2012, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM
Originally Posted by mre5765
Whenever someone on an upgrade gets bumped from C or F, we are told by apologists, if you want to sit in C or F, pay for C or F.

Well, this woman paid for E+. So what's your excuse?
^+1

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.