Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

How to merge duplicate MP accounts online

Old Mar 20, 2012, 10:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, TY, UR, UA, US, WN, MR, SPG

Hey FT-

Stumbling around the united website tonight, I found out it's now possible to merge duplicate MP accounts online, if you didn't previously link them (or MP/OP accounts). OP accounts now, of course, have converted to MP accounts, so if you didn't do it before 1/28, you now have 2 MP accounts. This function allows you to merge them:

http://secure.unitedmileageplus.com/MP1202RS.jsp

You can even pick which of the two programs you want to remain open/primary (i.e. the one with all your status).

Now, I have a question hopefully someone can shed some light on (united hotline hangs up on me due to crazy call volume). I have two MP accounts, one of which was a OP account (and has all my miles/status etc, as well as a pending reservation). Obviously, I'd want to make that the primary MP account now. The problem I have, though, is that my new (Feb '12) MP Explorer card is tied to my new MP number. If I merge the new into the old, will my new MP Explorer purchase miles go into it? Or, if I merge the old into the new, should I retain the status/EQM etc? Thanks for any help!

I searched and didn't see anything about this, so hopefully this is helpful to some in the same situation I found myself it.

-roki
Old Mar 21, 2012, 11:58 am
Original Poster

On a similar note--every time I call, the United line hangs up on me. Anyone recommend an optimal call time?

-roki
Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by roki
On a similar note--every time I call, the United line hangs up on me. Anyone recommend an optimal call time?

-roki
It seems that there is no optimal call time these days. Just terrible customer service all around. Good luck trying to get through.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EliteLAX
It seems that there is no optimal call time these days. Just terrible customer service all around. Good luck trying to get through.
Hopefully the next few months gives them time to sort out a lot of these major problems. I don't travel with them again until 6/19, so hopefully that gets settled.

My question still remains about which account to merge into the other though. I should be able to merge the old into the new, and have it transfer my EQM and my current reservation, right?

It's unnerving, though.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by roki
Hopefully the next few months gives them time to sort out a lot of these major problems. I don't travel with them again until 6/19, so hopefully that gets settled.

My question still remains about which account to merge into the other though. I should be able to merge the old into the new, and have it transfer my EQM and my current reservation, right?

It's unnerving, though.
I don't think I am well situated to respond appropriately to this because I myself am still learning the new UA.

On the wait time for calls, apparently the PMCO was notorious for having long call times, so I am not convinced yet that this will improve too quickly - but here's for hoping!
Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Part of me wants to just go ahead and merge the old into the new (CC tied to the new), since I'm very new to the CO/UA programs. Almost all my history is on AA. Even if I lose stuff, it's about 3 flights worth of LTM, but I'm still not really okay with that. I'm just worried if I do it and mess it up, it will be even less likely that they will be able to correct it. Also concerned about my reservation being on my old account, since it says the merged account will "be deleted" and "cannot be undone" ....yikes.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 2:33 pm

Has anyone had any recent experience with this? If I have two MP accounts and PQM/RDM in both of them will those miles transfer into the single account?
Old Jun 11, 2014, 4:32 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by SAPriorityTag
Has anyone had any recent experience with this? If I have two MP accounts and PQM/RDM in both of them will those miles transfer into the single account?
yes it should -- this was intended for merging pmUA and pmCO accounts, having two recently active accounts could raise some flags.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.