Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New MP cards and our old signature visas...

Old Mar 20, 2012, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL/KM Platinum, STE+, Hertz Prezzie

Has anyone gotten their new cards with their new FF membership numbers yet? Similarly, will we be getting new signature visas with the new FF numbers? I noticed that my wife (who has the new explorer card) doesn't have it on her visa.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Yes! Just got mine in yesterday. It's identical to the previous MP Plat Visa (much better than my fugly white 1K card IMO), even has the oversized tulip on it ^

Only difference is that it has the 8 digit MP # at the bottom.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 10:22 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
I have talked to chase about this twice, and received a letter yesterday.

The letter was simply how my old card will credit to my new account, and to contact UA to get my new 8 character MP number (if I don't have it already).

Chase assured me that my signature card, and its benefits would be grandfathered in. I personally have zero interest in an explorer card, and would ditch the whole thing if I had to give up the signature perks. As far as new cards with new mp numbers on them go, I was told no new cards will be issued until old cards expire - so we will see. Plus, who wants a new card anyway....it won't have a tulip
Old Mar 20, 2012, 10:27 am

Programs: DL DM 1.77MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by Madone59
I have talked to chase about this twice, and received a letter yesterday.

The letter was simply how my old card will credit to my new account, and to contact UA to get my new 8 character MP number (if I don't have it already).

Chase assured me that my signature card, and its benefits would be grandfathered in. I personally have zero interest in an explorer card, and would ditch the whole thing if I had to give up the signature perks. As far as new cards with new mp numbers on them go, I was told no new cards will be issued until old cards expire - so we will see. Plus, who wants a new card anyway....it won't have a tulip
Got the same letter over the weekend. We'll see...

I'm still waiting for:
1) The $60 fee adjustment - I've now sent two messages to them. The first got the 4-6 week lip service (is it really that hard?) The second (yesterday) said it would be looked at within 5 days.

2) A nice chunk of EQMs, er PQMs...whatever the heck they're called now...for tickets purchased on .bomb in January on the card. 6-8 week lip service.

Again, we'll see...
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:21 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, TrueBlue, IHG Plat Amb, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Accor Platinum, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by N515CR

I'm still waiting for:
1) The $60 fee adjustment - I've now sent two messages to them. The first got the 4-6 week lip service (is it really that hard?) The second (yesterday) said it would be looked at within 5 days.

2) A nice chunk of EQMs, er PQMs...whatever the heck they're called now...for tickets purchased on .bomb in January on the card. 6-8 week lip service.

Again, we'll see...
+1...still waiting for Jan EQM purchases as well.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 6:29 pm

Programs: MileagePlus 1K lifetime
[QUOTE=bcapehart;18237117]Has anyone gotten their new cards with their new FF membership numbers yet? .....QUOTE]

bcapehart
A lot of people have received their new MP membership cards...but MP is still mailing them out. I got mine.

See this thread where people are reporting when and where they received their new MP cards....this may help you figure out when you may get yours.
When you finally get yours, you can post in that thread.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...u-did-not.html
Old Apr 6, 2012, 10:59 am

Programs: DL DM 1.77MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by N515CR

I'm still waiting for:

Again, we'll see...
Originally Posted by Sterndogg
+1...still waiting for Jan EQM purchases as well.
The PQMs FINALLY posted yesterday as well as the $60 adjustment. Hopefully that bodes well for everyone else waiting for similar postings. I'm just annoyed that I had to spend the time and effort hounding them to get it done. I will say that the last message I got was significantly more helpful than previous ones, so I guess it's a case of getting the right agent to look at it and/or complaining enough...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.