Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Award ticket - change class of service - get back miles

Old Mar 19, 12, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

Hi, I have an award ticket from India, part in Business and part in first class for which I paid with 80,000 miles. Now, I see all business class tickets available for 60,000 miles, if I change the booking, will United give back the difference in miles (20,000). I tried calling United to get an answer but gave up after 3 hours on hold. Thanks
Old Mar 19, 12, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, VX S
If you're less than 1K, then you'll be charged the redeposit fee.
Old Mar 19, 12, 8:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by unavaca View Post
If you're less than 1K, then you'll be charged the redeposit fee.
Premier Platinums are also exempt from the award redeposit fee.
Old Mar 20, 12, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. From Google search, it looks like it will cost me $150-$200 to redeposit miles used for international booking. I guess the redeposit fee is going to be the same irrespective of whether I deposit the entire award trip or part of the miles.
Old Mar 20, 12, 9:30 pm

Programs: AS MVP, BW Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by samhouston View Post
Thanks for the replies. From Google search, it looks like it will cost me $150-$200 to redeposit miles used for international booking. I guess the redeposit fee is going to be the same irrespective of whether I deposit the entire award trip or part of the miles.
According to the "new" award travel fees on ual.com, for silvers (like myself), changing cabins on an award ticket costs $50 so maybe you don't have to re-deposit anymore.

Search this Thread