Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hold your reservation back in action?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2012, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, TrueBlue, IHG Plat Amb, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Accor Platinum, National Exec Elite
Hold your reservation back in action?

Sorry if redundant but new to me...

Did a dummy r/t booking BOS-SFO up until the payment stage. Closed my browser and logged back in and now under Reservations it shows the dummy booking.

"This reservation is not ticketed. Complete this purchase now. We will hold this reservation until midnight Wed., Mar. 21, 2012 in Boston, MA (BOS)."

I remember UA used to have the Hold feature for reservations but is this a glitch on the site?? If this feature has returned that's a change I'll like.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
I noticed that too the other day. Was looking at a variety of options, and ended up with three held itineraries.

Interestingly enough, I didn't get emails when the tickets were held, but found them when I looked in my account. However, when I went to actually cancel them, I did get emails confirming the cancelation.
Old May 2, 2012, 5:41 pm

Programs: UA GS
I read this forum pretty regularly but somehow missed this; I found this thread after it happened to me.

I was playing around with a reservation from ORD-CTG and noticed it suddenly in my mobile app later on in the day, complete with a PNR. Didn't purchase any FareLock. At first I was afraid that I'd accidentally purchased it, until I opened it up and saw:

This reservation is not ticketed. Complete this purchase now.
We will hold this reservation until midnight Fri., May. 4, 2012 in Chicago, IL (ORD - O'Hare).

That's over a 48 hour hold. I have done plenty of searching on united.com WITHOUT seeing a record locator generated. I wonder what triggers it? In my case it was a Z fare and I went as far as assigning seats (wonder if that does it?). Also unclear is whether the fare remains guaranteed until purchase.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 1:02 pm

Was searching and found this thread... This is on United.com as of today (it did go away for a while, summer it was not there):

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...ghtsearch.aspx

Can I "hold" a flight?

On united.com we offer instant ticketing that includes a 24-hour refund policy. You can return to your reservation in Manage Reservations to request a refund after purchasing if you were signed into your MileagePlus account at time of purchase.

You can also use United’s FareLockSM service to guarantee your itinerary and the fare you've been quoted for 72 hours or seven days, depending on your selection. Once you have your itinerary and fare on hold with FareLock, you don’t have to worry about the price of your itinerary going up or the flight selling out. Read more about using FareLock.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.