FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Reward tkt overwater in J transcon Y? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1326597-reward-tkt-overwater-j-transcon-y.html)

cruisr Mar 19, 2012 2:00 pm

Reward tkt overwater in J transcon Y?

I'm being told that a one way award from ewr-Akl via the west coast is 67,500 miles. Coach is only available for the transcon. I'm being told that if the transcon clears in F I have to cough up 12,500 miles for each of us. I thought if the wl clears for the higher cabin there would be no additional miles deducted? Am i wrong?

thanks

star_world Mar 19, 2012 3:42 pm

You are correct, unless the domestic portion is on a 3-cabin aircraft (from EWR I would assume not).

cruisr Mar 19, 2012 4:07 pm

Thanks. It is two cabin. They finally admitted they were wrong AFTER they took the additional miles out of my account. They said they would put them back but that hasnt happened yet and when I log into my account now all activity is GONE.

These are not changes that I am liking Jeff.

cruisr Mar 19, 2012 4:56 pm

Well, here I am on the phone again because they completely screwed up my reservation. They deleted one complete leg and they charged me 20K more miles than they should have. I can not get an PMCO rep and the PMUA reps have no idea what to do.

I am burning all my miles with UA and going somewhere else. I don't care I will drive to JFK if I cant get flts from EWR. I can't stand what is going on.

Is anybody listening. I am a 1K and have for the last 15 or 16 years been mostly Gold/Plat with CO. I stopped flying UA becuase they kept messing everything up and now I am back at the same place

I'm getting too old for this.

star_world Mar 20, 2012 7:39 am

Originally Posted by cruisr (Post 18232687)
Well, here I am on the phone again because they completely screwed up my reservation. They deleted one complete leg and they charged me 20K more miles than they should have. I can not get an PMCO rep and the PMUA reps have no idea what to do.

I am burning all my miles with UA and going somewhere else. I don't care I will drive to JFK if I cant get flts from EWR. I can't stand what is going on.

Is anybody listening. I am a 1K and have for the last 15 or 16 years been mostly Gold/Plat with CO. I stopped flying UA becuase they kept messing everything up and now I am back at the same place

I'm getting too old for this.

Not sure that the grass is any greener anywhere else. The issue of agents not knowing the process / systems will pass - I just don't see that being a long term problem. Whether you feel the other changes happening right now are too much to deal with is another matter!