FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Partner's PNR on award ticket is no longer showing on reservation? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1326501-partners-pnr-award-ticket-no-longer-showing-reservation.html)

GordonGordon Mar 19, 2012 9:42 am

Partner's PNR on award ticket is no longer showing on reservation?

Booked an award ticket from UA with itinerary involved with couple of Star Alliance airlines. The partners' PNR used to be shown on the old UA website, but now it is not showing on the new UA (CO) website. Do I need to call UA and ask for partners' PNR ?

neo_781 Mar 19, 2012 10:53 am

Originally Posted by GordonGordon (Post 18229623)
Do I need to call UA and ask for partners' PNR ?

I'm pretty sure I read here (sorry can't find link) that the 'new' ua.com won't display other airline PNR's, so I suggest calling to get that information.

Happy Mar 24, 2012 6:15 pm

How to find Partner's PNR short of calling United?

I have same question - booked award on the new UA website. Could not ticket online but was able to summon a call back from web support and the lady ticketed it for me.

Now I see CO dba UA does not give the partner's PNR on the e-receipt. Is there anyway to find out the Swiss Air's PNR short of calling United?

flyer215 Mar 24, 2012 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 18265795)
I have same question - booked award on the new UA website. Could not ticket online but was able to summon a call back from web support and the lady ticketed it for me.

Now I see CO dba UA does not give the partner's PNR on the e-receipt. Is there anyway to find out the Swiss Air's PNR short of calling United?

Not yet. You have to call. They are supposedly working on restoring this PMUA feature, but I've not seen any estimated date for it.

Happy Mar 24, 2012 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by flyer215 (Post 18265855)
Not yet. You have to call. They are supposedly working on restoring this PMUA feature, but I've not seen any estimated date for it.

Sigh. It would be a long wait to get to an agent at CO dba UA phone number.

Does anyone know if one could pull up the reservation at Swiss Air website with Swiss Air PNR?

I am just a bit paranoid now about whether the partner airline has received the proper ticket from United. We are flying back one-way MXP-ZRH-MIA and I sure dont want to find out we are not properly ticketed when we check in at MXP.

kmfdm91 Mar 28, 2012 12:21 pm

I'm posting a positive experience from this!

While I couldn't get either of my partner confirmation numbers from the award itinerary on united.com,

I was suprisingly on the phone for only 2m28s to get the OZ PNR, and interestingly enough, the woman (very nice and efficient!) said that SQ doesn't give UA PNRs at all - you just have to call up with the flight number and dates for seats...I could have sworn that in my past (PMUA), i've actually had SQ PNRs given to me, but regardless, given that we are now in COdbaUA, PMCO must never have been privy to the SQ PNRs on award trips...

Regardless, while the website didn't show the PNRs for partners, my phone call as a 1K was answered and my PNRs were given in under 3 minutes at the peak (14h20 on Wednesday) of the day...granted, i'm a 1K, but still, I was pleasantly surprised, in a good way!

-jeremy

exerda Apr 8, 2012 2:36 am

PMUA.bomb had my partner PNRs for all upcoming flights; I neglected to take screenshots before 3/3.

On the eve of travel Friday, I called in to get the LH and BD #s just in case there were any issues travelling. Got a DTW-based 1K agent who apologized for the delay as she had to consult the help desk to find them.

It took about 15 minutes to get the first LH #, then another 5 to get them for my sister's flights.

Oddly enough, the agent said the system was giving her only one partner confirmation # back and that it showed the same # for BD and LH. We both knew that couldn't be right, but given I'd already been on the line for 30 minutes and had other things to get done which I knew would take the agent some time with, too, abandoned trying to figure that out.

flaii Jul 13, 2012 5:32 pm

I read above that SQ doesn't give UA its PNRs. Does anyone know if this is the case with other airlines? I just waited 30 minutes to connect with an agent, and she just said she couldn't see any PNRs for my award ticket on OS and LO, and she just gave me their phone number. I'd like to see if there's another answer before I wait half an hour on hold again! Also to see if there are any "special magic words" I need to say for the agent to investigate in the right place?

*Edited to add* Tried again with calling UA, and though there wasn't a wait to speak with an agent and this one actually did some typing to investigate a little, the agent once again told me she couldn't find anything and told me to call OS and LO with my ticket number.

cfischer Jul 13, 2012 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by flaii (Post 18925941)
I read above that SQ doesn't give UA its PNRs. Does anyone know if this is the case with other airlines? I just waited 30 minutes to connect with an agent, and she just said she couldn't see any PNRs for my award ticket on OS and LO, and she just gave me their phone number. I'd like to see if there's another answer before I wait half an hour on hold again! Also to see if there are any "special magic words" I need to say for the agent to investigate in the right place?

OS and LO should not be a problem at all. Just pull it up on Lufthansa then use checkmytrip.

Henwurst Jul 14, 2012 11:11 am

I have the partner PNRs showing up on some bookings, but not on others. For one of the more complex ones I've been given the PNR for SK (being told the same should work for SN although I'm not able to pull anything up on SN's website, not even an error message), and was told to use flight number and date to access the booking on TG.

flaii Jul 14, 2012 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer (Post 18925971)
OS and LO should not be a problem at all. Just pull it up on Lufthansa then use checkmytrip.

Thank you cfischer; I'll try using the LH website next time. I tried pulling up my reservation on the Austrian website yesterday but it didn't work. I ended up just calling Austrian and provided my e-Ticket number (016...). The friendly agent was able to get me seat assignments for both OS and LO. Not much wait to connect with an agent, too (called today, Saturday).

Interestingly (or not), the seat assignments that I automatically got after the ticket was issued disappeared earlier today when I selected "View Reservations," before I called Austrian. The new seat assignments are now showing. On the other hand, my e-Ticket Receipt is showing the old seat assignments (and also showed them when my seat assignments disappeared earlier in the day). I guess the Receipt doesn't change after it is issued the first time?

travelsg Jul 14, 2012 5:45 pm

when i book an award on CA, I have the PNR from both UA and CA..