Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Tip of the day: How to get to the 1K Line with a short wait time

Tip of the day: How to get to the 1K Line with a short wait time

Old Mar 26, 12, 11:24 am
Original Member

Programs: UA Gold/MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Discoverist
Got a live agent with 1 minute after putting in my MP number.
Old Mar 26, 12, 2:03 pm

Programs: AS MVP75K, UA Gold
i can't get through...either hung up on cause agents are busy or now it's saying "over 30 minutes."

this is really becoming a joke.
Old Mar 26, 12, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, United Club, IHG Ambassador/Spire
Smile I had a different Experience

I had called twice to the 1K 1Call line since the integration. Once, being on the day of integrationa and the 2nd tiem last week. Both times, I called from my cell phone (which is a registered) and followed the IVR prompt to key in my MP number. Both times I get connected to a live agent in less than a minute. The 2nd time, I got connected to the call center in Honolulu as the supervisor identified himself with his name and location and we chatted briefly about the systems etc.

Having my reservations issues resolved is another whole separate thing.
Old Mar 26, 12, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, SPG Ambassador & Lifetime Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Prez, AVIS 1st, Amtrak Select
Is there even a 1K desk or 1K agents anymore? When I do get through to someone, they are as unfriendly and unappreciative as can be and never seem to be able to access my flight history or my reservations, despite putting in my 1K account number. I feel I have to be much more "armed" for a call to UA/CO these days. I miss putting in my account number, getting a friendly agent who addresses me by name, thanks me for my business, and has access to all my data without my having to feed her record locators or ticket numbers.

And still waiting on miles to post from my flights on 3/3.
Old Mar 26, 12, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat., NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by EnvoyBoy View Post
Is there even a 1K desk or 1K agents anymore? When I do get through to someone, they are as unfriendly and unappreciative as can be and never seem to be able to access my flight history or my reservations, despite putting in my 1K account number. I feel I have to be much more "armed" for a call to UA/CO these days. I miss putting in my account number, getting a friendly agent who addresses me by name, thanks me for my business, and has access to all my data without my having to feed her record locators or ticket numbers.

And still waiting on miles to post from my flights on 3/3.
The 1K phone number no longer connects us directly to 1K phone agents in ORD/HNL/DTW. Instead, it's the luck of the draw. Out of my last five calls, I've only been connected to a true UA rep one time. The rest of the calls were connected to unfriendly CO agents (who answer with: "Continental Airlines ) that seemed like they were trying to get me off the line as quickly as possible, without answering my questions/solving issues.

It's very disappointing. A family member had an issue on a recent flight, and asked me to call the 1K Desk. In the past, this would be an easy thing to accomplish. These days, it's almost impossible.
Old Mar 26, 12, 3:13 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
ugh... this is the worst... has someone from SLC earlier today who picked up in 2 min, but now "the current wait time is greater than 30 mins"... on the former 1K line... seriously!!!

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies View Post
The 1K phone number no longer connects us directly to 1K phone agents in ORD/HNL/DTW. Instead, it's the luck of the draw. Out of my last five calls, I've only been connected to a true UA rep one time. The rest of the calls were connected to unfriendly CO agents (who answer with: "Continental Airlines ) that seemed like they were trying to get me off the line as quickly as possible, without answering my questions/solving issues.

It's very disappointing. A family member had an issue on a recent flight, and asked me to call the 1K Desk. In the past, this would be an easy thing to accomplish. These days, it's almost impossible.
Old Mar 26, 12, 3:15 pm

Programs: FAF, Hyatt <>, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by thezipper View Post
ugh... this is the worst... has someone from SLC earlier today who picked up in 2 min, but now "the current wait time is greater than 30 mins"... on the former 1K line... seriously!!!
Gonna get worse if the website doesn't come back up....
Old Mar 26, 12, 3:20 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA 1K, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
It is a little scary to be flying on an Airline that can't get their call centers working properly. This has nothing to do with Shares vs. Apollo and should have been trivial to complete prior to March 3rd.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: