Getting COPA (CM) Flight Credit for MP

Old Mar 15, 2012, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Location: Los Angeles, CA USA UA Premier Plat , 1.24MM, AA EXP
Getting COPA (CM) Flight Credit for MP

I took a roundtrip on CM between MEX and PTY last month and my miles have not yet posted. CM's FF program is MP (formerly OP). The MP rep told me I had to send in copies of my boarding passes and itinerary showing my CM ticket number in order to get the flight credits. I realize that when traveling on partner flights, this would be the protocol, but this doesn't make full sense to me in this case given that CM's own FF program is MP. Do I need to the old practice of calling back and speaking to another MP agent, or is this par for the course for flights on CM?

Thanks
Old Mar 15, 2012, 11:14 am

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Originally Posted by Jimbo
I took a roundtrip on CM between MEX and PTY last month and my miles have not yet posted. CM's FF program is MP (formerly OP). The MP rep told me I had to send in copies of my boarding passes and itinerary showing my CM ticket number in order to get the flight credits. I realize that when traveling on partner flights, this would be the protocol, but this doesn't make full sense to me in this case given that CM's own FF program is MP. Do I need to the old practice of calling back and speaking to another MP agent, or is this par for the course for flights on CM?

Thanks
If the ticket number is former CO or current UA; submit it here; http://pss.united.com/web/en-US/Cont...ageCredit.aspx

I submitted old COPA segments on the CO equiv on those and got credit; though all my COPA tickets were issued by CO anyway.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA-PLT, HH-GLD, PP
Prior to 3/3, CM flights took up to 14 days to post, though they usually posted within a week. I've never had a problem on the 60 or so segments I flew COPA last year, but I'm afraid to see how things are going to be post 3/3

I flew COPA on 2/18 and the miles posted a week later. I flew again on 3/5, and still nothing as of today (3/15). I'm glad I have my BP's.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 4:58 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum
Yep, flew Copa in January, one segment posted, one did not.
Sent in the info by email and it was posted late Feb.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 7:59 am

Programs: AA-PLT, HH-GLD, PP
Originally Posted by coolcoil
I flew COPA on 2/18 and the miles posted a week later. I flew again on 3/5, and still nothing as of today (3/15). I'm glad I have my BP's.
FWIW - these miles did post correctly 3/17.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.