earning PQM on a Regional Upgrade

Old Mar 15, 12, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS / 1MM, MR Ambassador / LTP, Hertz Platinum
earning PQM on a Regional Upgrade

I used a regional upgrade to get into F on a W fare to LAS. When I look at my account it credited me 150% (like I bought a F ticket) elite miles. Is this an error or do SWU and RU count as if you bought the ticket in an F fare?

Thanks!
Old Mar 15, 12, 9:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Error. It might get fixed, it might not. But lots of things are still posting wrong right now.
Old Mar 15, 12, 9:57 am
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: 2MM: DL DM, AA EXP; 1MM: UA GD; AS MVPG75k; LH SEN; ICRA; FRMT LT PLT; HYT GLOB; HLT DIA; HRTZ PC
Originally Posted by Parikh1234 View Post
I used a regional upgrade to get into F on a W fare to LAS. When I look at my account it credited me 150% (like I bought a F ticket) elite miles. Is this an error or do SWU and RU count as if you bought the ticket in an F fare?

Thanks!
Be glad. I got zero PQM because of these glitches with upgrade fare buckets (S and K --> ON). I'm sure it will get fixed now that I have emailed them, but I would rather have your problem!
Old Mar 15, 12, 10:15 am

Programs: UA Global Services and 2.9MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond/Marriott Platinum Ambassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by The Mileage Millionaire View Post
Be glad. I got zero PQM because of these glitches with upgrade fare buckets (S and K --> ON). I'm sure it will get fixed now that I have emailed them, but I would rather have your problem!
Everytime I get upgraded, I get 150% Elite "posting" but no PQM toward 2012 Elite Qual and Lifetime! Happens every time. It's like thes system thinks I paid for FC and used a freebie reward... I notified UA MP over, and over, and over... and no progress or response on the issue. Dont expect it to "fix itself"... In fact, I was told by an MP supervisor that they are very hard to fix and takes alot of red tape... He told me, "this is a first I have seen.." Really? What? I seriously doubt it. Very, very frustrating! I sent an email to UA Insider and PM'ed her too with a "use case" to review. I really hope they figure this one out because it happens every flight. Please join me in escalating this issue so it gets resolved and we can stop worrying about it
Old Mar 15, 12, 1:36 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: 2MM: DL DM, AA EXP; 1MM: UA GD; AS MVPG75k; LH SEN; ICRA; FRMT LT PLT; HYT GLOB; HLT DIA; HRTZ PC
Originally Posted by KevinPK1 View Post
Everytime I get upgraded, I get 150% Elite "posting" but no PQM toward 2012 Elite Qual and Lifetime! Happens every time. It's like thes system thinks I paid for FC and used a freebie reward... I notified UA MP over, and over, and over... and no progress or response on the issue. Dont expect it to "fix itself"... In fact, I was told by an MP supervisor that they are very hard to fix and takes alot of red tape... He told me, "this is a first I have seen.." Really? What? I seriously doubt it. Very, very frustrating! I sent an email to UA Insider and PM'ed her too with a "use case" to review. I really hope they figure this one out because it happens every flight. Please join me in escalating this issue so it gets resolved and we can stop worrying about it
Lovely. Considering that I have about 20 upcoming itins like this, I am not too happy to hear this.
Old Mar 15, 12, 1:45 pm

Programs: UA 2K, MM, SPG PLT
I am showing the same 150% PQM bonus on all of my upgraded flights that used GPU.... agree it's a great problem and I hope it does not get corrected. We will see.
Old Mar 15, 12, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM | Marriott LTT | National Car EE
my PMCO flights CPU'd show as Z and credited as such, both RDM + PQMs. i imagine that ultimately all the CoS bonuses i've been getting will go away eventually.

i'm also still getting the 25% PPlus RDM bonus, not just on PMCO, but now the PMUA too! i'm wondering if the latter occurred b/c those segs were 005 ticketed.
Old Mar 15, 12, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, TK Elite
Originally Posted by eleeut View Post
i'm also still getting the 25% PPlus RDM bonus, not just on PMCO, but now the PMUA too! i'm wondering if the latter occurred b/c those segs were 005 ticketed.
I don't think 005 ticket matters, because I never got PPlus bonus on UA metal even when I booked on co.com pre-3/3. I guess this is one of the few glitches that work in favor of us (but apparently a short-lived one).
Old Mar 15, 12, 2:43 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Silver, UA 1K, DL Silver
Originally Posted by Cosmos M View Post
I am showing the same 150% PQM bonus on all of my upgraded flights that used GPU.... agree it's a great problem and I hope it does not get corrected. We will see.
Were these upgraded pre or post 3/3? And have you flown it or is that just what it is showing on the reservations page? I have found the PQMs listed on the reservations page to not be very accurate in the CO system before 3/3. When a B was upgraded at time of booking, it changed the PQM from 150% to 100%.

I had one that was upgraded pre 3/3 on a CO ticket and was awarded as a Z fare. (Shhh, don't tell anyone.)

I had a UA B fare upgraded and when it was moved into SHARES it when in as ON, which has been well documented as not posting and will receive a systematic fix in the near future.
Old Mar 15, 12, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS / 1MM, MR Ambassador / LTP, Hertz Platinum
This was Post 3/3. I have actually flown the flights. It has added the 150% to my Lifetime miles too. The computer thinks its a Z fare on both flights. Hope they dont fix it

Search this Thread