Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Problem getting seat assignment on new site ("not sticking")

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Problem getting seat assignment on new site ("not sticking")

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2012, 9:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
Possibly fixed now?

I was having the same problem today. I received an email around noon that an upgrade had cleared for Oct 1, but the seat selected on-line wouldn't "stick" - still showed in E+. A call to 1K desk confirmed that my choice had been received, even though it didn't show on the seat map.

Just now - 8:30pm PDT, the new seat shows correctly in first class on the seat map.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 12:21 pm

Programs: MP Ag, former 1K
Still does not work for me.

Now when I go and change seats, sometimes my father shows up in Y, my mother in F, then after I try to get them both into F, exit seat selection, then my father sticks in F, and my mother ends up in Y.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 12:23 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by davewang202
Still does not work for me.

Now when I go and change seats, sometimes my father shows up in Y, my mother in F, then after I try to get them both into F, exit seat selection, then my father sticks in F, and my mother ends up in Y.
But what the the phone agent say (and get them to do the seat assignements)? do this before the aricraft fills up and you have your earlier problems again.
I think it is clear the online seat map is having trouble and if this happens you need to call & ask. Sorry it is pain, but it is what it is.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 6:24 pm

I am having the same problem. Upgraded seats don't stick, but it's not the same flight all the time ( 4 legs in this itin ), sometimes one leg is wrong, sometimes another one. Called UA and the agent read me the correct seat assignments. It's just that under my itins the seats do not show up correctly. Annoying.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 10:10 pm

Programs: Platinum
Is it my understanding that if CS says the seating assignment is ok on their end, that we shouldn't worry?

My wife had a schedule change this Friday evening, and during the reshuffling of the outbound leg, the return leg kicked her out of F and put her back in Y. I called reservations for her, and they said they corrected it, but her seat map doesn't seem to "stick".
Old Oct 1, 2012, 11:34 am

Another interesting point is that the seats in my reservation vary by browser, and are never correct. For example, the seat chosen is 3B, Safari will show 7B, IE 21C, Opera 7B and Chrome 21A. And it is only one reservation, the latest one. Since I am a bit paranoid about seat selection I called UA again, but their records show the correct seats. That gives me hope. But definitely a problem here.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 1:24 pm

Just discovered this problem on an itinerary I upgraded with miles. Need to call to make sure it's just a display issue. I definitely want the seat I picked as one segment is on a 787! Hopefully they fix it soon.
Old Oct 7, 2012, 6:43 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM
IAH-EWR-SFO - upgrade question

My fiance and I just booked another MR. IAH-EWR-SFO-IAH.

the last time we did this (last month) the IAH-EWR-SFO is considered one leg, so an RPU gets you up front the whole way.

this time, the reservation is being very quirky.... before I call, I want to make sure that this is legal and that an RPU SHOULD work for IAH-EWR-SFO. obviously the SFO-IAH leg is separate, even though its on the the same day.

It weird, it shows upgraded into R, but she got upgraded and I didnt. every time I change the seats having us both in F, it puts me back in Y.

This is a great MR, fyi.... just enough time for dinner in SFO and then the redeye back home. flights this time are 787/752 (CO BF)/787.
Old Oct 7, 2012, 6:50 pm

Since this is all back to back and no stop over, I don't see why IAH-EWR-SFO is not valid to apply just one RPU per pax. As for why your seats aren't sticking, that may another bug some people have faced. I would call in just to make sure you have a seat in F and go by what the agent has on record. Though, I am not sure I understand, where you both officially upgraded or just the fiance?

Whatever you see online is just an issue on the website. I have it as well. I used an RPU on LAX-DEN-PHL, I assign my F seat and when I check on the reservation my seats are back in Y.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 4:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott P, SPG G
Upgrade Cleared - Seat Assignment Still in Y

Anyone experienced this?

I have a flight to HNL this Saturday and upgrade it with RPU both ways.

However, the seat assignment for SFO-HNL always sticks to a Y seat. In the change seat page, I am able to choose an empty F seat and continue. It shows as the new F seat for a while. But when I reopen the reservation, it shows the original Y seat again.

The return trip is all good. Really weird huh.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 4:49 am

Programs: UAGLD, HH SILV, IHG PLAT, NAT.EXEC Elite,
Upgrade Cleared - Seat Assignment Still in Y

It's an error.. When you check in you will be in your f seat. Happens to me every week
Old Oct 8, 2012, 5:25 am

I have a bunch of itineraries, some upgraded, and two of them have the problem where the actual seat assignments aren't sticking. One of them is ogg-sfo-jfk and return, and the entire trip is upgraded using instruments, and 3 of 4 legs are showing seating in coach online.

When I call, the agent can tell me what I'm seeing and also can tell me what the actual seat assignments are.

I can only hope that is correct and can only wonder what the actual problem is and why they can't fix it. This is clearly a call generator and costs them real money to have the agents deal with unnecessary calls.

-David
Old Oct 8, 2012, 10:07 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
I have a bunch of itineraries, some upgraded, and two of them have the problem where the actual seat assignments aren't sticking. One of them is ogg-sfo-jfk and return, and the entire trip is upgraded using instruments, and 3 of 4 legs are showing seating in coach online.

When I call, the agent can tell me what I'm seeing and also can tell me what the actual seat assignments are.

I can only hope that is correct and can only wonder what the actual problem is and why they can't fix it. This is clearly a call generator and costs them real money to have the agents deal with unnecessary calls.

-David
The same thing just happened to me. Booked a multiple segment flight DFW-HKG using GPUs and seat assignments look fine. Until I sign out/back in -- then I see I'm bounced back to economy. Tried different BF seats and still the same thing happens.

I'm putting off calling -- hoping that its another glitch that will fix itself in the next day or so.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 11:51 am

Programs: No Loyalty to any airline
Originally Posted by chavala
I'm putting off calling -- hoping that its another glitch that will fix itself in the next day or so.
It's been going on for quite some time. Have a reservation for Dec that was upgraded three weeks ago. When I call, they state the seat assignment they show is the one in F, but online, it shows I'm back in Y. I just keep hoping for the best.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by chavala
The same thing just happened to me. Booked a multiple segment flight DFW-HKG using GPUs and seat assignments look fine. Until I sign out/back in -- then I see I'm bounced back to economy. Tried different BF seats and still the same thing happens.

If you remember the actual seats you picked, in my case, they were showing as "taken" (no seat number) on the seat map, but I could re-select them.

I don't know if that's an indication of your actual seat assignments or not, but normally you cannot pick a seat that is not "available" in the seat map.

Originally Posted by 6rugrats
I just keep hoping for the best.
There's a lot of that going on with United these days.

-David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.