Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Can I Access the NRT United Club Upon Arrival From EWR in Business Class?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can I Access the NRT United Club Upon Arrival From EWR in Business Class?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2015, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by sbm12
Nothing free but there is a pay-in lounge available in the terminal. Or just go to the hotel you're staying at as you'll arrive in the afternoon.

I suppose that you could, in theory, transit into the departures area, take a shower in the lounge and then go back out through immigration to wherever you're spending the night, but that seems like a waste of time and energy to me.]

If connecting onward on the same day as the arrival in NRT then showers in the NH or UA lounges would be available as a business class departure gets you into either lounge and a UA BF arrival also gets you in to the UA lounge, even if the onward connection is in economy (but no NH lounge access in that scenario).

Our party is considering foregoing a hotel altogether! So, I'm latching onto your transiting option and trying to understand if we'll be let into the departures area (on a flight departing the following day)? And when we exit the transit area and go through customs would we pass baggage claim (since they layover is over 12 hours, our bags will not auto-connect)?

Thanks for the response and laying out the options!!
Old Jul 5, 2015, 9:40 am

We ended up switching to a NH business flight, picked up luggage, showered in the NH arrivals lounge, stored bags at the airport, returned the following day, collected bags, checked in, showered at the NH lounge and departed on our TG/NH flights. 16 hour layover was perfect to do all of that, then have several hours to eat, experience Tokyo nightlife and see the fish market!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.