1K on USAir - *Gold Seating benefits?

Old Sep 12, 2013, 11:34 pm

Programs: AA EP, CM PP, AV GM, UA Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat
I'm no fan of US, but I've never flown in E in my few flights with them. About 3 years ago they had a one way LAX-PHX-SJO for $166. I couldn't turn that down, so I bought it.

I was CO Silver, and when I asked if I was eligible for an UG, the agent was as unsure as was I. She asked a guy working with her, and he didn't know, so she gave it to me. So it was LAX-PHX-SJO in F for $166.

A few months later I bought the same flight, but this time it was $156.00! I tried the same thing at the airport check in, but this agent knew he answer was no. The best she could do was UG me for $200. Total! So I flew LAX-PHX-SJO in F for $356. That was money well sent, even though F on US is barely more valuable than E+ on UA.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.