Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Economy Plus- Does anyone know when/if the 757-300 planes will be refitted?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2012, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by ssullivan
The fact that they have consistently stated that the sCO mainline fleet would be getting E+ this year, including the fact that it was stated again in the quarterly earnings call just a couple of days ago.
ok, so it's the same info we have already and you have no new information regarding the timing of the 753 conversions. Thank you.

That's because none of the 753s have had the changes made yet. They aren't done yet. Until that happens, the only E+ seating on the 753s will be in the exit and bulkhead rows. That doesn't mean that's the long-term plan for those aircraft; it just means they haven't started changing the seat layout on those planes (which has already been stated multiple times).
yes, in the context of the reply that you quoted (to the poster that said he saw E+ on his upcoming 753 flight), that was exactly my point. thank you.

It's amazing how things can be taken so out of context around here.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Apr 28, 2012 at 11:57 pm
Old Apr 29, 2012, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
ok, so it's the same info we have already and you have no new information regarding the timing of the 753 conversions. Thank you.
I was simply replying to your post (and others) that said "if" they were getting E+, creating the sense of a belief that they might possibly not be getting it. There's absolutely nothing out there that has ever said that, shy of the naysayers on this forum.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 8:44 pm

The 753s are absolutely getting E+. I believe the hold up in the process is the decision is still being made onto what to equip the 753s in terms of IFE, if its going to be AVOD, or DTV.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by ssullivan
I was simply replying to your post (and others) that said "if" they were getting E+ ...
I never said that or implied that. I don't believe anybody said that or implied that in this thread.

Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
The 753s are absolutely getting E+. I believe the hold up in the process is the decision is still being made onto what to equip the 753s in terms of IFE, if its going to be AVOD, or DTV.
Thanks Jose. Please keep us posted when you hear anything new. I'm still hoping it will be done before Aug 28.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Apr 29, 2012 at 11:41 pm
Old Jun 5, 2012, 5:20 pm

Programs: Silver MileagePlus, Diamond Hilton
Adding E+ but no dtv to 753

I know UA has started the process of adding E+ to 753's, but how come at the same time while they have the bird in maintenance, are they not adding the DTV to the bird. I believe it's the only model in the fleet domestically that doesn't have any on them.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
I don't believe it's the same service station
Old Jun 5, 2012, 9:49 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus dirt (former hard-way Silver); AS Mileage Plan MVP; Hilton Honors Silver
Originally Posted by COEWR2587
I know UA has started the process of adding E+ to 753's, but how come at the same time while they have the bird in maintenance, are they not adding the DTV to the bird. I believe it's the only model in the fleet domestically that doesn't have any on them.
If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say it's because they don't have FAA certification of DTV on the 753...or what joshwex said...
Old Jun 6, 2012, 2:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by Critic
If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say it's because they don't have FAA certification of DTV on the 753...or what joshwex said...
There's that too, though why they haven't gotten that yet is beyond me
Old Jul 8, 2012, 7:44 pm

Programs: Silver MileagePlus, Diamond Hilton
Why so long for E+ for 753

It seems like they have either paused or taking a lot longer to install e+ on the 753's than any other aircraft in the fleet. In the time they started the 753's already 40% of the PMCO 777's have it installed any they are bigger aircraft. Most of the 738's and 739's are already done too.

Anyone know the plans for installation and if its too be pick up. Just curious cuz I have a bunch of flights on 753's next month and fall. My info is based on:

http://www.aquawise.com/PMCOaircraft.html
Old Jul 9, 2012, 8:52 am

Programs: Delta Silver, Hilton Gold

One 757-300 is at MCO for direct tv so aircraft are on hold to receive this until #3855 returns to service. Also, during the summer schedule, aircraft tend not to sit idle as they are usually flying somewhere.

Also, it seems like the 777s are going to have E+ by the end of the summer

I would also recommend tracking the updates on the site in my signature, and you can follow @untiedfleetwebs on twitter for updates as well.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 9:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Originally Posted by UA767400
One 757-300 is at MCO for direct tv so aircraft are on hold to receive this until #3855 returns to service. Also, during the summer schedule, aircraft tend not to sit idle as they are usually flying somewhere.

Also, it seems like the 777s are going to have E+ by the end of the summer

I would also recommend tracking the updates on the site in my signature, and you can follow @untiedfleetwebs on twitter for updates as well.
Do you know how many 753s have had DTV installed so far?
Old Aug 6, 2012, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by Time traveller
Do you know how many 753s have had DTV installed so far?
None. 3855 is still in MCO getting it installed. (It will be the first to have it)
Old Aug 7, 2012, 12:47 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
??? It takes over a month to install DTV???
Old Aug 7, 2012, 2:06 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1MM Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
??? It takes over a month to install DTV???
First install on a new plane type takes longer, since the plane has to get special certification. The remaining planes should go faster once the first is done and flying.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 5:02 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Apologies for the month-old necro.

I'm flying an SFO-KOA-SFO MR this week and was curious about the entertainment status on the retrofitted 757-300 planes with E+. Is it an overhead TV or personal IFE? (This loosely translates into "How many podcasts do I save to my iPod"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.