Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Upsell Offers to Business/First at Purchase and Day of Departure (TOD) [Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 20, 2013, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

UA Upsell Offers to Business/First at Purchase and Day of Departure (TOD) [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2017, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
I was under the impression EXTRASEAT need to be on a common PNR with a real passenger
Doesn't need to be on the same PNR, because it can be purchased at a later date. I believe that adding a passenger to an existing PNR isn't possible.
Also, my EXST is using an S fare, we're on W.

Dave
Old Jul 17, 2017, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by sfo789
Unsure if status (G fare was a 1K, W was Silver) or some sort of low fare class lockout.
Odd. Just did SFO-MSP F9 PN9 R0, offered $199 at booking on a G fare same as always. I'm 1K and I see all the "normal" prices so don't know what to say.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by findark
Odd. Just did SFO-MSP F9 PN9 R0, offered $199 at booking on a G fare same as always. I'm 1K and I see all the "normal" prices so don't know what to say.
Is $199 the common offer for the SFO-MSP route? Perhaps DL competition into its hub?

David
Old Jul 17, 2017, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by DELee
Is $199 the common offer for the SFO-MSP route? Perhaps DL competition into its hub?

David
Yes - $199 is the standard on all midcons (1500 to 2000 miles). Have seen it personally on SFO-MSP/ORD/IAH.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 9:18 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Pretty sure this was a great deal and I took it. I wouldn't feel bad if I overpaid cause its the first day the flight is being offered with the new polaris on the 777-300er. For a PIT-SFO-TPE segment I paid $722 for an upgrade to Polaris Business/First.

Last edited by BabbageGuppie; Jul 19, 2017 at 12:40 am
Old Jul 17, 2017, 11:00 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Just a quick f/u on previous post on upgrade offer SFO-KOA. T48 was just over $700, went to just over $300 at T24. Didn't pull the trigger but RPU did clear at about T22 into a not so great F seat (probably better off in my "Hobo First" E+ exit row seat). From what I saw someone bought one of the last five F seats (obviously don't know the price) the remaining went to CPU or instruments.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 6:24 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold, Starbucks Gold
OLCI @ T-12 offering

CLE-IAD $99
IAD-RDU $79

Passed on both, as I've got an exit row and sitting at the top of both upgrade lists already.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 9:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM
Scratching my head on these two, need some help from united, because 1K line doesn't understand it either.

At booking:

SFO-CLE $297
CLE-SFO $554

BUT if I buy both together it's $902 (but 297 + 554 is 851)

SFO-MSP $202
MSP-SFO $224

BUT if I buy both together its $460 (but 202 + 224 is 428)

If I attempt to buy just one leg, I get an error message and the site crashes. Log back in, and my ticket is out of synch. The gentleman at the 1K line got the same result and didn't understand it. Ported me over to web support and they won't help. Got yelled at by someone named Kim Moore.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 11:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eyevision
At booking:
Do you mean the pop-up that shows up immediately upon completion of an Economy booking? Those are seriously bizarre prices if so.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by eyevision
Scratching my head on these two, need some help from united, because 1K line doesn't understand it either.

At booking:

SFO-CLE $297
CLE-SFO $554

BUT if I buy both together it's $902 (but 297 + 554 is 851)

SFO-MSP $202
MSP-SFO $224

BUT if I buy both together its $460 (but 202 + 224 is 428)

If I attempt to buy just one leg, I get an error message and the site crashes. Log back in, and my ticket is out of synch. The gentleman at the 1K line got the same result and didn't understand it. Ported me over to web support and they won't help. Got yelled at by someone named Kim Moore.
Agree, strange pricing on a route I fly commonly. the SFO-CLE for $297 is about right in the mid range that I have seen and is OK but have never seen the $554 pricing, are you sure that wasn't for the combined upgrade. It wouldn't be the first time I have seen "glitches" like this occur however. BTW, better remove the name, that is supposedly a FT no-no I believe.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 6:36 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus 2MM
HKG-SIN on Friday P to Global First offer after check-in $249 accepted since GF is worth it for 3.5 hours when United Business is in the 2-4-2 configuration. It says Y is Full so I might have missed an operational upgrade but for the piece of mind given what my state of mind will be like by then seemed worth it!

Adam
Old Jul 20, 2017, 12:14 am

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
sorry if this is the wrong forum but I have a quick question.

I am flying SFO-PVG-PEK-SFO next month and purchased an upgrade using miles and cash on the PEK-SFO segment. Today, I had to change the return date of the PEK-SFO flight and noticed that my upgrade is no longer available. Am I out of luck and forfeited the upgrade because of the change?

Thank you.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you used miles and cash and changed to a flight where the upgrade is no longer available, your miles and cash should be refunded (or you can waitlist the upgrade on the new flight).
Old Jul 20, 2017, 12:49 am

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by findark
If you used miles and cash and changed to a flight where the upgrade is no longer available, your miles and cash should be refunded (or you can waitlist the upgrade on the new flight).
The flight is for the following day and there are upgrades available using miles and cash.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 1:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Sorry, having a bit of trouble understanding this, as these two statements seem contradictory:

Originally Posted by minhaoxue
Today, I had to change the return date of the PEK-SFO flight and noticed that my upgrade is no longer available.
Originally Posted by minhaoxue
The flight is for the following day and there are upgrades available using miles and cash.
Regardless, I think the answer is you need to call United and ask either (i) to confirm the upgrade if the space is available, (ii) to waitlist for the upgrade if it is not available, or (iii) have your miles and cash refunded if you just want them back. They may charge you a redeposit fee for option (iii).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.