Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Chicago Call Center POC? to provide 1K "thank you" card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2024, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC

Hi all -- does anyone have a supervisory point of contact in the United Chicago Call Center, or UA CS in general? I had a very positive experience with an agent there and would like to send in one of my 1K "thank you" cards to the employee that helped. Since they're generally meant for front line employees, there's no way to recognize the CS agents beyond the normal post-call surveys, but they do a lot of heavy lifting! If you have an email address or phone number, can you please send it to me by PM? Thanks!
Old Apr 17, 2024, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
And here I thought this was going to be a complaint about a person of color…
Aussienarelle likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
No idea of the person's ethnicity, and certainly not a complaint!
MatthewLAX likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 9:32 am

Programs: UA 1K
In the past I've emailed 1kvoice about good experiences with reservation and ground staff and received a positive reply, so that may be an avenue to consider.
Aussienarelle and lincolnjkc like this.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 9:44 am

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
I thought it was a Proof of Concept, them trying something new. You know, a change we will like.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AUSNYCflyer
In the past I've emailed 1kvoice about good experiences with reservation and ground staff and received a positive reply, so that may be an avenue to consider.
Thanks -- that's a good idea, though I would really like to get a physical note and certificate to them, if possible. I may very well do both!
Old Apr 17, 2024, 9:58 am

Programs: UA1K/RCC, Avis CHM, NWA Plat, SPG Plat
Won't help in this case, but in the past, when I've had a good experience, I've asked that person to connect me to their supervisor.
Aussienarelle likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 10:01 am

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by GBadger
Thanks -- that's a good idea, though I would really like to get a physical note and certificate to them, if possible. I may very well do both!
You have a valid point, it’s incredibly difficult to know if praise you pass along for someone on the phone actually makes it to the correct person or supervisor, in all industries IMO. In person is easy…

Last edited by COSPILOT; Apr 17, 2024 at 10:06 am
Old Apr 17, 2024, 10:26 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
The "thank you" card per se may not make a difference as there is probably no such system for phone agents, however the suggestion to write 1K line is good.

If you want to go over the top, write to an UA exec, like Linda Jojo, Executive Vice President Chief Customer Officer or Bryan Stoller, VP Customer Contact Centers
Old Apr 17, 2024, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
The "thank you" card per se may not make a difference as there is probably no such system for phone agents, however the suggestion to write 1K line is good.

If you want to go over the top, write to an UA exec, like Linda Jojo, Executive Vice President Chief Customer Officer or Bryan Stoller, VP Customer Contact Centers
Thanks -- that is a good suggestion. I think that in some instances, "over the top" is warranted. If nothing else, it offers a perspective on the importance of easy access to highly-performing phone agents for 1Ks and GS. I've noticed a drop-off in the MP account servicing agents. Not that they're completely incompetent, but seem to have less leeway and/or abilities. I would like to do what I can to ensure that the same doesn't happen to our phone agents!
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 11:41 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by GBadger
Thanks -- that is a good suggestion. I think that in some instances, "over the top" is warranted. If nothing else, it offers a perspective on the importance of easy access to highly-performing phone agents for 1Ks and GS. I've noticed a drop-off in the MP account servicing agents. Not that they're completely incompetent, but seem to have less leeway and/or abilities. I would like to do what I can to ensure that the same doesn't happen to our phone agents!
I think COVID resulted in many phone agents with vast experience retiring whereas previously those folks could share knowledge with their colleagues. I learned so much from phone agents over the years. These days I get folks who tell me untruths. I truly think these newer agents believe what they are telling me is correct but it is not. I have one reservation currently that is completely screwed up. Have called in a couple of times to be told it us all okay. It is not and I know it is not. The 1K email cannot help me as the flights have not happened. It will get fixed when I turn up for the flight but it is quite annoying. An experienced agent would understand the backend issue and fix it. First world problem of course.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 11:46 am

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by COSPILOT
You have a valid point, it’s incredibly difficult to know if praise you pass along for someone on the phone actually makes it to the correct person or supervisor, in all industries IMO. In person is easy…
I've sent a note to "Kirby" in an above-and-beyond case and it flowed down the chain of command to the local station -- I only know that because a framed copy was presented to the agent in question (since retired ) and was behind the desk in the UC for a few weeks.

Positive feedback is very appreciated both by the agents and the management teams.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
I think COVID resulted in many phone agents with vast experience retiring whereas previously those folks could share knowledge with their colleagues. I learned so much from phone agents over the years. These days I get folks who tell me untruths. I truly think these newer agents believe what they are telling me is correct but it is not. I have one reservation currently that is completely screwed up. Have called in a couple of times to be told it is all okay. It is not and I know it is not. The 1K email cannot help me as the flights have not happened. It will get fixed when I turn up for the flight but it is quite annoying. An experienced agent would understand the backend issue and fix it. First world problem of course.
Agreed -- and all the more reason to make sure we adequately recognize and thank people who *are* able to fix things like this.

Thanks for everyone's thoughts and suggestions -- I was able to get traction through my company's sales manager, who escalated to their supervisor in Houston, who then forwarded my message to the call center director. Hopefully recognition will be provided!
SPN Lifer and Aussienarelle like this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 17, 2024 at 2:58 pm Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.