What to expect on new UA ORD-NRT-IAH?

Old Mar 14, 2012, 9:44 am
c_9
Original Poster

Programs: AC 25K only, he said through tears from the back of the aircraft...
Question What to expect on new UA ORD-NRT-IAH?

Apologies for such a mundane non-points topic, but I can't find trustworthy information to answer the following questions and any information or links would be much appreciated.

I'm flying ORD-NRT-IAH in economy in the next couple weeks, and I haven't done TPAC with UA (old or new) before...

1. What meals should I expect in economy? united.com unhelpful. Just curious if there's any data or threads on this.

2. How awful are the 744s ORD-NRT? I know I won't have a plug or TV - any trivia or tips? We're seated in 58HJ to get the extra space.

3. 777 seat recommendation? We're in 41JK at present, and hoping L remains empty.

4. E+ availability is down to just middle seats, so we're skipping that I think. Biz upgrades are all waitlist now, and without 30k MP, not accessible anyway. Does UA offer $-only upgrades, and if yes at what price points?

5. Any tips for killing time / finding plugs at ORD and IAH?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Old Mar 14, 2012, 9:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by c_9
1. What meals should I expect in economy? united.com unhelpful. Just curious if there's any data or threads on this.

2. How awful are the 744s ORD-NRT? I know I won't have a plug or TV - any trivia or tips? We're seated in 58HJ to get the extra space.

3. 777 seat recommendation? We're in 41JK at present, and hoping L remains empty.

4. E+ availability is down to just middle seats, so we're skipping that I think. Biz upgrades are all waitlist now, and without 30k MP, not accessible anyway. Does UA offer $-only upgrades, and if yes at what price points?

5. Any tips for killing time / finding plugs at ORD and IAH?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
1. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...l-edition.html
2. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...sit-747-a.html and http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...747-400-a.html
3.http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ld-config.html
4. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...on-thread.html
5. Typical airport expierence at both. Plenty of plugs at both, you also may want to consider a one time UC pass.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 10:07 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus (1P)
Originally Posted by jhayes_1780
I think PMCO 777 operate NRT-IAH.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 10:23 am
c_9
Original Poster

Fantastic - thanks so much for doing that legwork for me, I really do appreciate it!
Old Mar 14, 2012, 10:56 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Nexus, GE
5. Typical airport expierence at both. Plenty of plugs at both, you also may want to consider a one time UC pass.
Where are these plentiful power plugs (like the alliteration?) you speak of? I've had a nightmarish time finding plugs at ORD in some gate areas. Often there may be one outlet with two plugs per gate that actually works. There are more of the cell phone-designated plug ins, but I think a MacBook Pro might use more amps than they're designed for.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by astroflyer
Where are these plentiful power plugs (like the alliteration?) you speak of? I've had a nightmarish time finding plugs at ORD in some gate areas. Often there may be one outlet with two plugs per gate that actually works. There are more of the cell phone-designated plug ins, but I think a MacBook Pro might use more amps than they're designed for.
In gate areas, I will agree there is a lack of plentifullity .....

But I seem to recall those desk things set up, as well as the cell phone plug ins you mention all over the place.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 12:06 pm

Programs: Premier Gold, *G
ORD-NRT-IAH? That's a tough way to get from Chicago to Houston.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 1:07 pm

Programs: UA 1PP MM
Originally Posted by sciflyer
ORD-NRT-IAH? That's a tough way to get from Chicago to Houston.
MR
Old Mar 14, 2012, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by mnmme
MR
I am assuming the (rather then a ) means you are really not sure....

I am assuming (yes again) that the OP is going YYZ-ORD-NRT and the return is NRT-IAH-YYZ.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 9:24 am
c_9
Original Poster

I am assuming the (rather then a ) means you are really not sure....

I am assuming (yes again) that the OP is going YYZ-ORD-NRT and the return is NRT-IAH-YYZ.
Correct. Not a MR, just a good price for NRT that required a painful routing. I strongly suspect next time I'll know whether that $300 each was well-saved or should have just been spent for non-stop. Only gaining a couple k extra miles for the pain...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.