Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Horrible check in at ORD 3/11 (heads up for those who need to check in with a human)

Horrible check in at ORD 3/11 (heads up for those who need to check in with a human)

Old Mar 14, 12, 8:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: National Executive, TSA Disparager Gold

On Sunday afternoon I was flying out of ORD domestically. Had to see a check in agent since I'm active military and eligible for a bag fee waiver. The line attendant directed me to the line for people who need to see an agent.

There were 7 people in front of me in the line and it took me 40 minutes to be seen. There was never more than 2 people, and usually only 1 person working our line. A UA agent called several times for additional help, but none ever came. I don't know why he didn't start checking people in instead of just standing around.

I barely made the 45 minute checked bag cutoff for my flight, good think I got to ORD much earlier than I usually do.

If you're flying out of ORD and need to interact with a human to check in, I'd suggest giving plenty of extra time.

Search this Thread