Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Doesn't Show *Alliance Award Availabity SIN-ICN-SIN, but AC Does

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2012, 1:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat, TK Gold, *G

Just had a long and exhausting date with "Rhapsody in Blue", as I needed to book a Y class *A award, SIN-ICN-SIN.

After one hour, I gave up and decided to try my luck on the UK line (random pick)

After an 8 minute hold, I was told that for my dates, no flights were available, in any cabin of service.

Well, I checked online with Aeroplan and saw 3 directs on SQ available in Y and 1 SQ direct available in C. So, I called American Express and converted enough points to redeem online with Aeroplan.

No need to call or to pay the stupid UA ticketing fee (even for flights which CANNOT be booked online, such as most *A awards).

Whats going on at United? Its clearly not SQ who is blocking seat availability!

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Mar 14, 2012 at 4:57 am Reason: vague thread title
Old Mar 14, 2012, 1:55 am

Programs: UA, Starwood, Priority Club, Hertz, Starbucks Gold Card
Why are you going around in circles and checking Aeroplan when you plan to use MP miles? You can see all the options directly on united.com. Just doing a random check on your proposed itinerary, I found plenty of availability, every day actually, from now through August (I didn't think I needed to go any further). It includes nonstops on SQ and OZ, and a bunch of other options with connections.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by bsb21
Just had a long and exhausting date with "Rhapsody in Blue", as I needed to book a Y class *A award, SIN-ICN-SIN.

After one hour, I gave up and decided to try my luck on the UK line (random pick)

After an 8 minute hold, I was told that for my dates, no flights were available, in any cabin of service.

Well, I checked online with Aeroplan and saw 3 directs on SQ available in Y and 1 SQ direct available in C. So, I called American Express and converted enough points to redeem online with Aeroplan.

No need to call or to pay the stupid UA ticketing fee (even for flights which CANNOT be booked online, such as most *A awards).

Whats going on at United? Its clearly not SQ who is blocking seat availability!
You do realize that OZ and TG awards with Aeroplan add on hundreds of dollars in fuel surcharges right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.