ewe - pvg 3/19 BF oversold?

Old Mar 13, 2012, 10:36 pm
Original Poster

ewe - pvg 3/19 BF oversold?

I have a last min Shanghai trip leaving on this flight on Monday and just noticed that while I was ticketed in a full fare refundable BF class it appears there are no bf seats. Any way to check if this is really oversold? Whats the procedure for something like this
Old Mar 14, 2012, 9:05 am

Programs: SQ KF (ex-UA)
I'm monitoring inventory on another upcoming EWR-PVG flight and have noticed that the number of "booked" seats tends to move around a lot, perhaps as inventory is released or people on refundable tix rebook for other dates.

So I would not worry too much about this. Even if it is oversold you will be first in line for the "battlefield upgrade" when there is (inevitably) a no-show.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 10:04 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium,
SEMICON China 2012 is between 3/20 and 3/22 in Shanghai next week. So maybe it is really oversold.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 1:19 pm

Programs: Avis Preferred, Hertz #1 Gold, National Exective, United Premier Silver
Expert Flyer Shows:

EWR 11:05a → PVG 1:55p
J0 C0 D0 Z0 P0 Y9 B9 M9 E9 U9 H9 Q9 V9 W9 S9 T9 L9 K9 G0 N0

Looks full up front, not in the back. 2B appears to be blocked, all other seats occupied.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the info!

What the heck is a "Battlefield Upgrade?"

I'm actually ticketed in nearly full fare BusinessFirst - so not sure what I'm trying to "upgrade" to - can someone elaborate?
Old Mar 14, 2012, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by auher
Thanks for the info!

What the heck is a "Battlefield Upgrade?"
A bit of a misnomer in this instance.

I'm actually ticketed in nearly full fare BusinessFirst - so not sure what I'm trying to "upgrade" to - can someone elaborate?
Well, you're technically not upgrading. However, you could theoretically be involuntarily downgraded to coach and then be put on the standby upgrade list to get "back" into BF. However, I suspect you'll be able to get 2B some time between OLCI and airport check-in.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 8:01 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Flight is currently showing J1 and seat 2B is open but blocked. Have you tried calling and asking for a seat assignment? Mention 2B if needed. Although my recent CO/UA experience is just domestic they will usually put you in the blocked seat but warn you that you may have to move if a handicapped person needs it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.