Large Block of Seats on UA Flights?

Old Mar 13, 2012, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold 1 Presidence Circle
Large Block of Seats on UA Flights?

I have been around and know what 'blocked' seats are but I have not seen 10+ blocked seats. Maybe I have been asleep during this FT communication - what are they?

I have been watching CO1 tomorrow (3/14) and a few hours ago, it was 28/50. Now it is 36 + 10 blocks.

Any idea who they might have blocked for?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Mar 14, 2012 at 8:16 am Reason: vauge thread title
Old Mar 13, 2012, 9:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Hmm. Y is booked full (even if there are twelve open seats on the seat map). Could they be anticipating an equipment swap?
Old Mar 13, 2012, 9:23 pm

Could be a bunch of stuff, but most common thing is that Y is oversold.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 9:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM | Marriott LTT | National Car EE
i saw this on two 738s from IAH to BWI this weekend and from what it sounds like it's probably full Y loads.

F Cabin UG: 4 Booked / 11 Blocked?

my flight was delayed and missed the one referred to in the thread above and the one i was put on also had blocking on it as well, but not as extreme, like 10 booked / 5 blocked. both Y cabins were sold out and my original flight wasn't even showing up on UA.com for sale.

maybe i can see that it's a a way for UA to preserve F for mis-connecting F pax, or holding out F for even last minute purchases?

who knows about the 10 in the 772 cabin though. are you waiting for revup?
Old Mar 13, 2012, 10:04 pm

Y is oversold, IMO.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eleeut
are you waiting for revup?
No, not waiting for revup, not even traveling. My folks are in FC to HNL via LAX but the connection time at LAX is tight so I have been monitoring alternate flights. 1K desk would not do an even switch to CO1 with plenty R class seats available as TXBizman Sr does not have any status . If I was traveling, they would extend some leeway, according to Elite desk agent. Then I saw 10 seats blocked and now the flight is full.

All is good as their first leg flight was RON, left on time, and scheduled to arrive early.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 9:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TXbizman
No, not waiting for revup, not even traveling. My folks are in FC to HNL via LAX but the connection time at LAX is tight so I have been monitoring alternate flights. 1K desk would not do an even switch to CO1 with plenty R class seats available as TXBizman Sr does not have any status . If I was traveling, they would extend some leeway, according to Elite desk agent. Then I saw 10 seats blocked and now the flight is full.

All is good as their first leg flight was RON, left on time, and scheduled to arrive early.
Looks like this is not a big issue anymore - Mods, please close this thread. I notice that title was modified - not sure if the modified title makes better sense - 'block' seat? What is that, and fraternity block party? 'Blocked' seat (past tense) sounds better, don't you think?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.