Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Any way to cancel a "Premier Instant Upgrade" on-line?

Old Mar 13, 12, 7:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold

I couldn't find any post-merger posts on whether this is possible. I got a little carried away with the new options and upgraded a flight which hadn't been ticketed and, now, cannot be ticketed unless I can get it reverted to Y from JN. Of course, I can call, but would prefer to do this with explaining the painful details...
Old Mar 13, 12, 8:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I booked a flight with a B-up, upgraded at time of purchase (it gives you the option before you enter your credit card number!), and had no difficulty with the flight ticketing. How do you know that your Y-upped flight won't ticket and that it's because of your upgrade?
Old Mar 13, 12, 8:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
because...

Originally Posted by mherdeg View Post
I booked a flight with a B-up, upgraded at time of purchase (it gives you the option before you enter your credit card number!), and had no difficulty with the flight ticketing. How do you know that your Y-upped flight won't ticket and that it's because of your upgrade?
Corporate travel agency won't ticket it because it shows as F (even though the fare is unchanged) instead of Y. Company policy.

Search this Thread