Chase ponies up 5000 miles

Old Mar 13, 12, 4:59 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA just 8800 mi short of Silver
Chase ponies up 5000 miles

I called Chase and complained about the ponzi scheme (IMHO) Chase & CO were running with those 09CHFS coupons-- you know the ones you have to buy up 6 fare classes or so (or $240+ or so) in order to use the $100 coupon. I decided to keep the card because he offered me 50K miles "because thats what the United Card now offers". My account got credited only 5,000 so I called Chase (2 minute wait as opposed to a 1 hour wait to buy a ticket on the phone with CO) and she said I heard the man wrong, He offered you 5,000 miles. There isn't much I could say or do to get the 50,000 miles. So I'm stuck with this card for 9 more months. I'm tempted top get Chase to listen to that original "you are being recorded" call to prove (or disprove) that the gentleman said 50,000 miles.
Old Mar 13, 12, 5:42 pm

Do it. That's what the recording is for.
Old Mar 13, 12, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
The recording is for their benefit, not yours.
Old Mar 15, 12, 9:52 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA just 8800 mi short of Silver
Originally Posted by mduell View Post
The recording is for their benefit, not yours.
Thats why I wont bother calling. If the Chase rep said the 50,000 miles that I heard, they will no be able to find the recording. Nor would they give me the other 45K miles
Old Mar 15, 12, 3:22 pm

That's why I'd record the call as well so we both can refer to them in the event of such a discrepancy. (if your state allows it)
Old Mar 15, 12, 3:50 pm

Programs: Avis Preferred, Hertz #1 Gold, National Exective, United Premier Silver
I recently closed my UA MileagePlus Explorer card, in favor of my newly minted Presidental Plus Card.

During the process of the call, the agent never told me I would be forfieting any miles acrrued on the account for the previous month by closing the account.

I got my statement, and it showed x number of miles were due to me, however two weeks went by, and I saw nothing. I called in, and the supervisor indicated she was putting an order in to "pull the call" to see if I had been told or not.

Upon a followup call I was told that the call had been pulled, and my account was going to be credited the owed miles.

So yes, the calls can be reviewed, so yes, followup with them, and push them to do so.

Search this Thread