Anybody missing their February FEQM?

Old Mar 13, 12, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO (now UA) 1K / Hyatt Platinum / UMPPPC / SLH Honoured
Anybody missing their February FEQM?

Every month on the 12th my Presidential Plus miles post to my OnePass...errr...MileagePlus account. If I have crossed a multiple of 5000 miles, I also get a multiple of 1000 FEQMs deposited to my account on that same date.

Looking at my account summary on United's website, I see my miles (regular and FEQM) both post as expected on January 12. For February 12, however, only the regular miles post and no FEQM (although 2000 FEQM should have posted based on the Presidential Plus purchases through that date).

Has anyone else noticed their latest FEQM deposit not happening at the same time as their regular miles post from the Presidential Plus card?
Old Mar 13, 12, 3:53 pm

Programs: UA 1P, AA Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by electroflyer View Post
Every month on the 12th my Presidential Plus miles post to my OnePass...errr...MileagePlus account. If I have crossed a multiple of 5000 miles, I also get a multiple of 1000 FEQMs deposited to my account on that same date.

Looking at my account summary on United's website, I see my miles (regular and FEQM) both post as expected on January 12. For February 12, however, only the regular miles post and no FEQM (although 2000 FEQM should have posted based on the Presidential Plus purchases through that date).

Has anyone else noticed their latest FEQM deposit not happening at the same time as their regular miles post from the Presidential Plus card?
Yup, I have nada from the month of February. I don't even want to deal with it right now, either.
Old Mar 13, 12, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

The scary thing is that I posted this thread and then found this thread: Pres Plus eliminating flex miles?
Old Mar 13, 12, 5:22 pm

Programs: Elite on: UA and HH
Same here. How do you guys track your spend to see where you're in the $5K threshold? I asked Chase and United multiple times and they always point the finger at the opposite party. Is it solely based on amount of purchases minus debits/credits? Bonus miles don't count, right? I could've sworn I crossed the threshold and should've gotten them in Feb, but I didn't.
Old Mar 13, 12, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by F23Coupe View Post
Same here. How do you guys track your spend to see where you're in the $5K threshold? I asked Chase and United multiple times and they always point the finger at the opposite party. Is it solely based on amount of purchases minus debits/credits? Bonus miles don't count, right? I could've sworn I crossed the threshold and should've gotten them in Feb, but I didn't.
I've never really bothered tracking it in that way. I go over $5k every month, so every month I get at least 1k FEQM and sometimes 2k or 3k depending on how much I spent that month and the remainder above a 5k multiple from the previous month.
Old Mar 16, 12, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Priemier Gold
Had $10k spend for period ending 2/28. No FEQM yet for me. (they usually are in my account around the 10th of the month)
Old Mar 16, 12, 8:35 pm

Programs: CO Gold, SPG Gold
I think my Feb FEQM did post but as the system rolled over I can't find a record of the line item in my online statement.

I had 3k posted in January and just applied 4k to my 2011 EQM total. I had 0 at the end of calendar 2011.
Old Mar 16, 12, 9:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Platinum,
Originally Posted by dergon darkhelm View Post
Had $10k spend for period ending 2/28. No FEQM yet for me. (they usually are in my account around the 10th of the month)
10 days post statement is about when they hit my account as well. Just like mikes for a flown flight seem to credit.
Old Mar 19, 12, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And the "blame it on Chase game" is in full swing -

Hello Mr. Darkhelm,

We’re always glad to hear from Premier members like you. Thanks for
writing.

I do apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

To follow up on your Flexible Elite Qualification miles, I advise you to
please contact Chase directly at 800-537-7783.

Chase Visa handles the administration of the Mileage Plus® Visa,
including crediting your Mileage Plus account and sending you
promotional materials related to the credit card.

We appreciate you taking the time to contact us.

Cristina Not-at-all-helpful
MileagePlus
Old Mar 19, 12, 10:57 pm

Programs: Elite on: UA and HH
Originally Posted by dergon darkhelm View Post
And the "blame it on Chase game" is in full swing -
You know that when you call Chase, they'll tell you to talk to United. I've done this many, many times. No one seems to know how exactly this crediting is done. It's really ridiculous, especially when they don't post like they should. I'm missing FEQM's for March now!
Old Mar 19, 12, 11:11 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Plat
I don't care anymore, but...

I received standard miles for Feb. purchases, but no addt'l FEQM's. Since you can't use them toward 1K or lifetime totals, I'm just ignoring them. I used to love this card. If work didn't cover the annual fee, I'd probably be out with all the recent downgrades in benefits.
Old Mar 19, 12, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum
the FEQM were the one thing that has posted correctly the past few months. Including this month.
Old Mar 23, 12, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FEQM added yesterday. Not sure if my communications had any effect or if it was just a merger-related (or not) one-off delay.
Old Mar 23, 12, 6:38 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond
I crossed the $5,000 threshold in January but I'm still short 1,600 EQM.
Old Mar 23, 12, 8:17 am

Location: Odessa, by way of El Paso, by way of Abuja, by way of Mexico City, by way of...
Programs: Aadvantage Gold, AmEx Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Club, Admiral's Club, Hyatt Platinum
I'm a little worried since I am running into problems two months in a row. The RDM posted correctly, but I have not yet received EQM for either February or March. I figure I will give it a little bit of time for merger related awesomeness, but at some point I need to follow up on this. I am in the group for whom FEQM or FPQM or whatever they are would matter: I always fly enough to get Silver and very rarely enough to get Gold; the FPQM should make the difference this year.

Search this Thread