Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Novice question - anyone able to save me an hour on hold?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2012, 10:12 am
Original Poster

This is probably a really obvious question, but I am not a frequent flyer and book award tickets every couple of years at the most. Wait times to speak with an agent have been over 60 min the last couple of days, and when I try to change my reservation online, it tells me I have to call an agent.

Anyhow, husband and I booked saver tickets from MSP to VIE next summer. If we wanted to change to totally different dates (same destination), would there have to be saver awards available for those days? (which of course, going to Europe in the summer, there are not). Anyone know what other penalties are involved with changing MileagePlus tickets?

Thank you everyone!
Old Mar 13, 2012, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by appleocore
This is probably a really obvious question, but I am not a frequent flyer and book award tickets every couple of years at the most. Wait times to speak with an agent have been over 60 min the last couple of days, and when I try to change my reservation online, it tells me I have to call an agent.

Anyhow, husband and I booked saver tickets from MSP to VIE next summer. If we wanted to change to totally different dates (same destination), would there have to be saver awards available for those days? (which of course, going to Europe in the summer, there are not). Anyone know what other penalties are involved with changing MileagePlus tickets?

Thank you everyone!
If you're trying to use the same amount of miles, then yes, saver awards need to be available. There is always the chance that the agent can see something you can't, though.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 1:44 pm

Programs: CO OnePass; AAdvantage Dirt; IHG Priority Club Plat; Hyatt Plat; Marriott Gold; Avis PresPref;
Info you want is posted here

If you wish to change only the dates of your reward travel and not the origin and destination, there is no fee if done >21 days in advance of travel.

If you wish to change anything else there may be a fee as outlined at the page cited above - and it looks like if the dates you want have only standard level available you may be hit with a fee ($75/50/25/0 depending on elite status held)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.