FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Presidential Plus CC - Problems with Chase/United Communications (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1324197-presidential-plus-cc-problems-chase-united-communications.html)

kwildnj Mar 12, 2012 7:55 pm

Presidential Plus CC - Problems with Chase/United Communications

I haven't really been a complainer here but heres my grrrrrrrrrrr for thr day.

Applied for Presidential Plus Credit Card on or around 2/14. Approval was not instantaneous, so actual approval was around 2/16. I got card from Chase in the mail on 2/22, and knowing that things would be a mess, waited until 3/8 to see the status of my United Club Card.

Call # 1 to UA (20 Minutes in All)

Agent said there was no record of UA Club Membership on my account. -- Referred me to Chase.

Call # 2 to Chase (10 Minutes in Length)

Agent said she would call UA, and have them process the membership, and would call me back upon completion to confirm. -- Called back in :45 minutes, told me that account already had correct information, and that I was good to go. Even confirmed my mileage balance, to ensure it was the correct account.

Call # 3 to UA (Next Day - 100 Minutes)

Called in, agent told me there was no club membership tied to my account, nor was there any notations a UA rep had called in the night before.

Call # 4 to Chase (25 Minutes)

Regular Chase agent was no help, saying I could just show my MP Card and photo ID, to get in the club. Kindly explained that that would work, only if UA had me down as a Club Member. Connected to Supervisor, who agreed to escalate to "Marketing Department" and would get back to me. Also agreed to refund $50 one-time club entry fees, should I need access to the club in the interim.

Call # 5 to Chase (15 Minutes)

After not hearing back by 6:00pm today, again reached out to Chase, who had no updates, but agreed to call United again, and get back to me. I FINALLY heard back from the Chase rep, who had waited on hold with UA for an hour, only to be told he had to be connected elsewhere. During that transfer, he was disconnected. He called back, waited on hold for over hour, only to be disconnected a second time, before getting to an agent. He did again followup with the "marketing department", and also discovered that Chase has its very own UA/CO integration team, and reached out to them as well. He did indicate he would follow up with me tomorrow, and because of the excessive hold times, he could not call back this evening, as he was nearing the end of the shift.

So thats where I stand. I've had my annual fee billed, but the major benefit for the card still is unavailable to me. I have spent numerous hours trying to "fix" this problem, all to no avail. If you were in my situation, what would you do? -- Ask for any compensation? Ask for a reduction in the fee? Just let it be??

I'll keep this updated as things progress (or not)