Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

I need a phone number for 1k customer relations.. can anyone help?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2012, 6:51 pm
Original Poster

I need to call customer relations ... I have tried various phone numbers this past week but it is impossible to contact someone. Today I called reservations for assistance in getting thru to customer relations , it took one hour and twelve minutes to get thru to res,and after pushing the agent, she transferred me to Mr Robb in the electronic support dept in Tampa who was totally the wrong person for my needs, but he was helpful in that he put me on hold for 95 minutes while he got Customer Relations on the line... the agent that i spoke to about my complaint showed no real interest in helping me or resolving my issues.. she offered to transfer me to Mileage plus , then the line went dead.. total length of the call was 3 hours 10 minutes. Now I'm back to square one... i need a priority phone number so that I can get thru without waiting for hours on hold.. can anyone help out with a number that will get me thru to them?
Old Mar 12, 2012, 7:04 pm

Programs: wallet with varied plastic cards, UA MilegePlus, other airlines programs
Originally Posted by Thomas Gregory
I need to call customer relations ... I have tried various phone numbers this past week but it is impossible to contact someone. Today I called reservations for assistance in getting thru to customer relations , it took one hour and twelve minutes to get thru to res,and after pushing the agent, she transferred me to Mr Robb in the electronic support dept in Tampa who was totally the wrong person for my needs, but he was helpful in that he put me on hold for 95 minutes while he got Customer Relations on the line... the agent that i spoke to about my complaint showed no real interest in helping me or resolving my issues.. she offered to transfer me to Mileage plus , then the line went dead.. total length of the call was 3 hours 10 minutes. Now I'm back to square one... i need a priority phone number so that I can get thru without waiting for hours on hold.. can anyone help out with a number that will get me thru to them?
1K number is printed on the back of the 1K card. It is the same as last year.
Sorry, but this cannot be published in this Forum.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 7:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
While we're on the topic of phone numbers, I know someone had posted it in another thread, but does anyone have the direct number for web support? I tried searching for the thread that contained the number but couldn't find it. I know it's now 1-800-589-5582. I tried to get through to web support over the weekend and PMUA res agents kept connecting me to the number above. Only CO agents would get me directly through to the web support. Just looking for a direct number to bypass 1K desk.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 7:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by TexasUA1
No longer matters. Call any UA CS #, including the general line, and, when you enter your MP #, you will be transferred to the proper queue. I think that UA will keep all the old CO and UA #'s "alive" for a while, but doesn't matter which one you call.

Maybe if you explained your "needs" you could get a more helpful answer here.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

I've tried the old united 1k number.. it takes me to the same que as when i call other reservation numbers... last week i tried all week to get thru to reservations to fix a ticket problem, and finally had to hop in a taxi and go to the airport to sort out the ticketing mess. !! Crazy mess
Old Mar 12, 2012, 8:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2006-2013
Originally Posted by TexasUA1
That's an urban legend.

For the last several years, even the old UA number checked your MP number and directed you to the correct line.

The real problem is that in the last couple of weeks it seems as though certain callers don't have their MP number correctly recognized for some reason and get bounced down to a lower tiered line...with long hold wait times. That can be really painful.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 9:11 pm

Programs: UA GS; Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott, Hyatt; Hertz
I was a 1k for many, many years and was only Premiere Exec last year. I always called the 1K number out of habit, and I would say about half the time I ended up at the 1K desk and the other half in the Philippines ... so I am not really sure how they were using my number to route me. It seems pretty random.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.