Bonus Miles Missing? Gold only getting 25%

Old Mar 12, 12, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

Bonus Miles Missing? Gold only getting 25%

My flight from ORD-FRA posted with only a 25% bonus. Based on the new program, I know I lost the 100%, but it does list a 50% bonus. Is the bonus based on the ticket type now or is this a glitch of the system?
Old Mar 13, 12, 1:04 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Emerald Club Exec Elite, Air-Kayaker (former United MP)
From the UA webiste:

Premier Silver members earn a 25% mileage bonus, and receive Star Alliance® Silver benefits.
Premier Gold members earn a 50% mileage bonus and receive Star Alliance Gold benefits.
Premier Platinum members earn a 75% mileage bonus and receive Star Alliance Gold benefits.
Premier 1K® members earn a 100% mileage bonus, and receive Star Alliance Gold benefits.
Old Mar 13, 12, 1:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, VX S
Was it UA metal?
Old Mar 13, 12, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA, DL UA (.5MM)
Originally Posted by icfleming View Post
My flight from ORD-FRA posted with only a 25% bonus. Based on the new program, I know I lost the 100%, but it does list a 50% bonus. Is the bonus based on the ticket type now or is this a glitch of the system?
My flights on 3/2 & 3/4 both posted on the crappy new (old CO) web site, and they also show only 25% instead of the "expected" 50% for P. Gold.

I sent in a report online at United.com, and got an auto reply email that they would look into it. Compared to the more timely (and arguably more serious) issues that many fliers are still dealing with right now for basic flight problems like just trying to get through on phone lines, I'm choosing not to stress about this, and trusting (did I really just type that?) that it will get resolved in time.
Old Mar 13, 12, 1:50 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Emerald Club Exec Elite, Air-Kayaker (former United MP)
Told 15 day wait

I'm really glad you started this thread. After you questioned it I looked at my recent flights last week. Sure enough, the 2 segs on 3/5 only bonused at 25% (UA metal, I'm PGold).

Also, my 3/7 flight had not posted but not quite 7 days so no big deal yet, but since I like pain, I went ahead and tried the online credit request for miles. This is a simple UA tix, 016 number, 14 digits, nothing out of the ordinary...and the site would not recognize the tix number!

Crap -- now I have to call in...wait time was only about 3 mins.
Issue 1 - rep reviewed and confirmed I should have been bonused at 50%.
Issue 2 - gave him the tix# and he could not find it either...had to give all the other data -- flight numbers, fare, airports, etc...came back and said they got it.

Rep said these updates will reflect in my acct within 15 days. Wow! That's some serious kick-butt IT! Crazy me expected a server update each night...in the past I have been able to call UA, hit refresh, and there it is...or at least wait till the next day for that night's server job to update...<sigh>

I have a call set in my calendar on the 28th as I fully expect I'll have to make that call. I will post when (if) this actually gets resolved/corrected.
Old Mar 13, 12, 1:57 pm

Y'all are getting flights posted? That must be nice
Old Mar 13, 12, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by unavaca View Post
Was it UA metal?
Yup. All UA, really old UA. (2-5-2 configuration, no lay flat business).

I assume it is just one of the many merger issues since I couldn't find anything on the UA website mentioning anything other than 50% or any complaints on FT.

Search this Thread